defd, Re: Leaving JW's and reading the Bible daily

by DazedAndConfused 52 Replies latest jw friends

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke
    I agree. Not ALL JWS are like that though. Now lets apply that ? to YOU! What would Jesus find in YOU!

Why is that your concern? Should we not worry about our rafters? I think that whatever Jesus finds, he'll do so in a closed door meeting with whomever he is finding fault with. I'm worried about the time for my turn in the wait queue.

• Cognitive_Dissident
    Cognitive_Dissident

Defd, I want to ask you an honest question. Why do you visit this discussion board? I honestly would like to know. Because by the tone of your post that started this thread, it does not seem as if you've got much of an open mind toward any belief, or lack thereof, which does not coincide exactly with what you perceive to be a mandate from God, to do things a very specific way. This is more than a little ironic, since you are an active member of a discussion board that is made up of people who the religion you're defending has cast off, and view as beneath contempt.

Do you post here with the intention of getting some to realize what you consider to be the "error in their ways"? Do you ask questions with the honest intention of listening, with an open mind, to their replies; or are you simply asking questions to try to "teach" us, and "realign" our thinking? Because it seems very much like you are employing the field service tactic (which I'm sure we all used to use) of asking your "householder"(us) questions, and then only listening for answers that fall within the narrow scope of "acceptable", or "sheep-like", responses; completely ignoring and being unwilling to try to truly understand someone else's point of view, and accept it as just as valid as your own.

You are obviously brave enough to frequent an "apostate" discussion board, so why not take the next step and let go of the need to judge others based on your beliefs. The world's a much nicer place when you don't have to worry about "helping" people "see" that they're wrong.

Please let me know, as I am curious to hear your answer.

Cog

• defd
    defd

No matter what my answer is, you or anyone else for that matter will not be happy with. So all i will say is that i am here because this is a DISCUSSION board and i have that right.

• just fine
    just fine

I am perfectly content with the state of my life. I am comfortable with my actions if Jesus were to hold me accountable for them. I do not see how you (def'd) are in a position to judge anyones relationship with God or Christ. I live a better life now than I ever did when I attended the hall. I am less judgemental and do not purport to know God's feelings about anyone. It is very presumptuous for you to believe you can judge anyone one of us through God's eyes.

• defd
    defd

Justfine

You dont know what you are talking about. I clearly said and understand that the ultimate Judgement belongs to Jesus.

• just fine
    just fine

and yet you continue to judge........

• defd
  • coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

I'm going to restate this for those of us with selective reading tendencies:

I agree. Not ALL JWS are like that though. Now lets apply that ? to YOU! What would Jesus find in YOU!

Why is it your place to apply this to anyone? Answer my questions defd. Let us "DISCUSS" on the discussion board.

• defd
    defd

hey yall got to go home now, see yall bright and early 2marrow morning.

• just fine
    just fine

I too can roll my eyes, but it really is quite childish and doesn't accomplish anything. It seems odd to me that you are so self righteous in your belief that you are pleasing God. I wonder what God or Jesus would think about you juding yourself righteous in their eyes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit