N.O. patients euthanized?

by rebel8 39 Replies latest members adult

• rebel8
    rebel8
    I'm puzzled over that lack of coverage, and wonder about the veracity of the story.

Me too.

OK I am all for the right to die. However, the big question this article doesn't answer is:

DID THESE PATIENTS CONSENT TO THE EUTHANASIA? If they were conscious, then I should hope to hell they would have been asked!!!!!!!!! Otherwise that is murder.

Have you read the story about the 30 or so patients found dead on the 1st floor of a nursing home? Story says the staff told the pts. someone would be back to rescue them. Can you even imagine how horrible it would have been to see the water rising around you and knowing you're about to drown? I said to my husband, "I wonder if they left some drugs for the patients in case they wanted to kill themselves." He said few would have done it anyway because people want to hang on until the last moment. Is that true? I would have taken the drug. What would most people do?

• horrible life
    horrible life

Oh what a position to be in. I think God will have mercy on these persons souls. I have to believe that they did what they as professionals thought was right. HL

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I'd been wondering about those found dead in the hospital. I hope this account is true, and that those involed are not prosecuted, but accepted for the toughest thing they ever had to do. If this is true, I applaude them for doing the right, most humane thing under the incredibly adverse circumstances.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    If I were a dying patient, and knew that I had hours of excrutiating agony while I waited for death to come and no hope of survival, I would be grateful if someone just gave me some morphine and let me sleep through it all.

I agree.

When my mother lay comatose and dying due to septic shock, I asked the doctors why they couldn't give her pain medicene to lessen her agony. She was clearly in agony and death was inevitable. Their answer? We could give her morphene, but she would die within an hour. We were already in a death vigil. The doctors knew this. Mom was to die within hours anyway, with us watching every labored breath and the fear and pain in her eyes.

• lawrence
    lawrence

FHN-

I watched both my parents die excruciating deaths due to cancer. I had to jump, shout, and threaten to get my folks enough medicine to "dull" the pain. It was damn right ugly as the medival practicioners spouted b.s. I came close to assisting my dad - he was at first favorable, then backed out. I personally believe there should be dignity and respect in the death process - especially CHOICE. This is not Sparta? Or, ...

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Lawrence, we can have true fellow feeling for each other. There is nothing noble or pretty about allowing someone who is dying to be in unecessary agony.

• vitty
    vitty

What a terrible position those doctors and nurses found themselves in. They HAD to make difficult decisions, that thankfully I didnt, so how can I judge them adversely

Its a shame they couldnt "put down" the b..........ds that were raping and shooting ppl.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

I know beyond doubt that this Dr. committed an act of deep mercy and compassion by ending these people's lives. I would have wanted the same thing done to me, if I were in that situation. I, too, feel the pet analogy/argument a good one. Terri

• anewme
    anewme

I believe in compassionate euthenasia for humans!
    I hope it is legal in my state when I need it!

• Simon
    Simon

I think they made the right decision in the circumstances.

Still, someone's balls should be between bricks for letting those circumstances happen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit