Where are the JWs active

by Triple A 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Triple A
    Triple A

I keep reading all these threads that talk about the JWs knocking on their doors. We live in Southern California and there has not been a visit at door in well over a year. My business is on the main drag and their has not been a visit there either. I at least see the Mormons out and about; however, they do not appear to be stopping and talking to anyone. Is it just our area or is this happening else where?

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I agree, same in Australia.

Maybe the jws have discovered that fluffing up the monthly hrs doesn't bring fire and brimstone after all

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

I live in SoCal.
    When I used to go out in service, I knocked on the doors and didn't pad my reports.
    Guess I just must have missed you house.

Unless you were at work. I hated business territory.

I agree with you, though. I seem to see more mormons walking around then JWs...

-Aude.

• steve2
    steve2

I, too, wonder where all the door-knocking JWs are. I seldom see them shuffling along the streets anymore and it must be years since any have knocked on our door (we've moved house several times, so I think it's unlikely that our house is marked by them, given that, due to my occupation, I have an unlisted phone and address).

It will be interesting to see if the flat-lining numbers in some countries and decline in others continues this year when the annual worldwide figures are published.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I live in quite a cosy little town in the Uk, and while m mother in law at one end of the town has had about 3 visits in the past year, we havent had any!

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    I agree with you, though. I seem to see more mormons walking around then JWs...

Same here in Bangor Maine usa

I appreciate the ID badges that the Mormons wear.My pioneer/elder daddy advocated the so called 'sneak approach' to engage the prey with small talk first before IDing as JW.

YUP! it is truly astonishing that i in turn taught this same sleazy tactic to my baby brother.

Curse you Watchtower!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I live in central Indiana, just north of Indianapolis. In the close to 3 years that I have been here I have only seen the jws once. I drive by the kingdom hall in my town every week day to take my husband to work and I see the jws in the parking lot (quite a few too) getting ready to go out in service, but I have only seen them in my neighborhood once. Before I moved into my house in December of 2003, I lived just a block away from the hall, for a year, never saw a jw. It's funny.

Josie

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I live in a traditional subdivision,,, lots of doors to knock on .... In florida... not one JW in 8 years. Not even a tract.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I haven't seen a JW go from door to door since I was doing it myself - nearly 3 years ago. I've seen a few during the summer doing "street work", meaning they were walking along the sidewalk with magazines rolled up in their hands. I didn't see them actually approach anyone.

Bottom line - if you want watchtower magazines you need to go to the nearest Tim Hortons and approach anyone wearing a tie to ask for them.

W

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

The laundromats are big dump sites for mags,whenever i find i 'apostasize' them with our info.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit