Pagan? Do you keep the feast days?

by darkuncle29 5 Replies latest jw friends

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Do you keep the feast days? Any of the holidays? Astrological events?

What do you do?

------------------------------------------

Even as a JW I used to hold the summer and winter solstices as special. A few times I asked for the day off and drove to the ocean by myself. Have you ever seen the exact moment of sunset or sunrise? I've only seen it a few times in my life.

I've also had a good feel for when a full moon is coming on in a day or so.

If I ever own my own property some day, I'd like to build some sort of personal "Stone hedge", or plant a sacred grove of Oaks and evergreens.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Yeah Dark

As I wrote on the other thread I don't all myself pagan but I do celebrate solstice etc and every full moon by dancing.

Parties are arranged around astral events.

Who can sleep on a full moon anyhow??

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

I do....for me, pagan holidays have much more meaning then todays commercial ones. Sabbats and Esbats bring you closer to the cycle of nature, wich is nice. I like the fact that it brightens and celebrates special days in the year. It makes you look around and take note of what is happening out there.

Of course, I mix a bit of the modern holiday in the events so that my family don't feel all that lost.:P

I also like to aknowlege full moons with a candle...well, the moon in general, I love to watch her wax and wane, especially when she gets orangey, it just entrances me.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Cool ideas.

So many pagans and no pagan activities? I'm a bit surprised.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I'm still fairly new at this. But I do keep the summer and winter solstices. And like Lilycurly, I acknowledge the full moon. It really energizes me.

I'd like to really get involved more. Wish there was some way that those of us who are pagan could really help each other. I know I could use some more guidance. I've read alot, but I'm the kind that needs "personal" guidance.

Any ideas???Just a thought to ponder over.

shelley

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

There are some great sites on the web.

Celtic connection

Witche's Vox

WiccaWeb

I especially like Vox, because you can find pagan people from your area and contact them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit