Anointed Sealed...

by zeroday 19 Replies latest jw friends

• zeroday
    zeroday

Will Power:

Some times it's just prestige. We had a so called anointed in our hall. A bastion of Christian example you would think. He barely ever went out in Field Service and meeting attendance was abysmal to say the least. The elders can not deny anyone who claims to be of the anointed. To do so would be working against Jehovah's Spirit. So they just meet in their tiny rooms and form their own opinions.

• Will Power
    Will Power

>He barely ever went out in Field Service and meeting attendance was abysmal to say the least.

Then I'd say he was the real deal.

• heathen
    heathen

OH they don't know what the hell they are talking about once again ..... all of it dogma . The resurrection has not begun . Daniel 12 clearly shows that only at the time of the millenial reign does the resurrection begin after micheal stands up during the great time of distress . I think the anointed are sealed when they prove their faith by dying as martyrs . Revelation is clear on the issue that the souls of the saints are waiting on the last to die by the ax for the witness work of jesus . Rev 6:9-11 20:4

• glitter
    glitter

There were only two Annointed in the congregations I attended, both lovely and sincere elderly women.

I've of the opinion that all Christians ought to be partaking and it's the "Great Crowd" JWs who deny it who are the dingbats. :)

• zeroday
    zeroday

They have never known what they were talking about. In the vast religious sphere words mean things. The more you repeat something the more you believe it. You get to a point of no return, you can not change what you have been saying in the event you have to deny everything you have said before. The WTS is approaching a wall they can not climb. The 1914 and this generation debacle was every so artfully dodged. This they can not dodge. They will hit a wall that will destroy them. The sooner the better.

• heathen
    heathen

I agree that all professed christians should eat and drink if they show up to the lords evening meal . I don't see anywhere in the bible where it says the great crowd cannot . It is supposed to be only for those that approve of themselves as the apostle Paul put it . Jesus did say that those who didn't eat and drink had no life in them at all . I think the WTBTS botched the whole thing as well . They are clueless and will argue anyway because a printing corporation brainwashed them to do so . They made it out to be one of those things only a select group are entitled to .

• Neo
    Neo

For an in-depth analysis on the doctrine of the 144,000 see the thread The 144,000 and the Great Crowd of Revelation.

Zeroday, you touch upon a fact that embarrasses the WT altogether: the "heavenly calling" should have ended in 1935. It has been 70 years!! Can a doctrine get any sillier?

What we have now is a Governing Body where most members were "anointed" after 1935! Here are the twelve members:

alt

Read an analysis on the "anointed" doctrine and the GB in the thread Update: Governing Body Pics.

Neo

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    The WTS is approaching a wall they can not climb. The 1914 and this generation debacle was every so artfully dodged. This they can not dodge. They will hit a wall that will destroy them. The sooner the better.

Indeed. But there will for a long time yet be enough nutters who think they're 'anointed'... even if most of them are "replacements". Maybe they could justify it by saying that some of the deceased anointed didn't make it to heaven because they were stopped by demon princes or something (compare the Society's interpretation of Daniel 10:20,21), then they can keep needing 'replacements' indefinitely.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

I've heard Stephen Lett give a talk. (Beware the Voice of Strangers at an international convention.) He sounds genuinely delusional.

• Will Power
    Will Power

I wonder if the GB members who claimed annointness after the goal of 144,000 had been reacheed, were considered "a bit off", or of the medicated class like you hear of now-a-days.

After being "labelled" did they start moving around so that soon their status arrived before they did? The longer & more widely known, the more chance of it being accepted. The ladder to heaven is a narrow path. These days you'd really have to endure much behind your back eye rolling eh?

wp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit