Quotes from the WT that piss off the WT

by Smiles 38 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• avengers
    avengers

Hey Danny don't piss them off more than they are already.

They're men who are full of Wisdom and Spirit you know.

Look at this gem and dare to deny it.

"Therefore we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and the faithful prophets of old, particularly those named by the apostle in Hebrews chapter 11, to the condition of human perfection." 12

"The date 1925 is even more distinctly indicated by the scriptures than 1914." 13 "Our thought is, that 1925 is definitely settled by the scriptures.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It only testifies to the success of the website . If nobody cared then they would not bother . They are rattled enough to spend valuable time, which is money , on this crusade against Quotes...It only shows that the message is getting through

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

ANyone think that the reason the Organization has stopped mailing out the mags on a subscription basis is because people like us are getting it and using their own words against them?

• sf
    sf

{{ warmly hugs Avengers }}

Nice to see you.

alt

Sincerely, sKally

• Mary
    Mary

Avengers........please tell me that quote from the Golden Age about the noses is a joke..........I mean, not even the Borg could come up with something so totally insane..................could they??

• vitty
    vitty

I think the article where they use the antics of cows to describe young girls!!!!!!

Apart from it being hilarious, it is in fact very insulting to young ppl and just shows how demeaning, disgusting and uninformed they really are

• Smiles
    Smiles

The most recent WT article that will come back to bite them is in the September 1, 2005 Watchtower, page 23-26.

There the WT lashes out at the Mennonites for their practice of expelling members. Here are some direct quotes:

"Many feel oppressed and live in dread of being expelled from the community - a terrible prospect for one who has never experienced life outside."

"...church preachers, who threatened Johann's family with expulsion if they did not stop. Later, during a family discussion about the pressure the Mennonite elders were putting on them, one young man spoke up."

"A few days later, the church elders came to the home of Johann's family with an ultimatum for the interested ones: " We heard that Jehovah's Witnesses visited you. You must forbid them to return, and unless you hand over their literature to be burned, you face expulsion."

"How did the elders react? They expelled them for studying the Bible! This was a cruel blow indeed."

"Neighbors surrounded the home to take away the wife of one of the young men, asserting that she could not live with her expelled husand. Despite all of this, the families who studied the Bible did not give up their search for the truth."

"Cut off from their community, the families began making their own cheese. The missionaries helped them find buyers. A longtime Witness in North America who grew up in a South American colony heard about the families' plight. He had a special desire to help."

"It was difficult after we were expelled from the community. We would travel to the Kingdom Hall with sad faces."

September 1, 2005 Watchtower, page 23-26

There it is again... the pot calling the kettle black. The WT and their elders are really good at doing that.

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

And won't it suck when the JW elders eventually do the same exact thing to him all over again?

• Smiles
    Smiles

Yeah, when poor Johann and family try to go back to the Mennonites, the JW elders will expel them.

• avengers
    avengers

Sorry I couldn't get back to y'all sooner.

Avengers........please tell me that quote from the Golden Age about the noses is a joke..........I mean, not even the Borg could come up with something so totally insane..................could they??

The quote is real!! The Watchtower cover was made by a graphics artist. It fits their stupidity though, wouldn't you say?

Hey SF. Thanks for the hug. Could use more of those instead of everybody always getting pissed off at me.

Andy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit