Quotes from the WT that piss off the WT

by Smiles 38 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Smiles
    Smiles

There are many websites (like this one) that use quotes from WT publications, however, the WT has not filed a lawsuit against those websites... yet.

Any ideas on what specific quotes at http://quotes.watchtower.ca pissed of the WT so that the WT has now filed a lawsuit?

It has to be some specific quotes. Something that really embarrasses those WT bastards.

• avengers
    avengers

Isn't this a beautiful gem? A revelation from Jehovah's Spirit? Wow.!! These guys are goood!.
    Full of Spirit and Truth!

• Smiles
    Smiles

I wonder how the WT would try to explain that one. It sounds like something out of MAD magazine... under the direction of holy spirit of course.

The WT is sure to file a lawsuit against JWD now.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

That article is proof that J. C. Woodworth lives in the realm invisible and helps direct the WTB&TS, even today.

Nutjob.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

The ones that show they specifically named dates (187?, 1914, 1975, 1999/2000) have to be particularly upsetting to them. Particularly when the original magazine says one thing, the bound volume says another, and the CD contains something else, all purporting to be the same article.

The phrase "these are God's Dates" is one I'm sure they'd like to see go away.

Various doctrinal flip-flops all brought together in one place must be embarrassing.

Gosh, I almost feel sorry for them! (But not quite!)

Dave

• avengers
    avengers

Here are some more of their own quotes full of Wisdom and Spirit.

"Higher" Education not Needed in God's New Order

In the

“Parents who are Jehovah's witnesses have another very sound reason for channeling their children's lives into useful trades. They know from fulfilled Bible prophecy that today's industrial society is near its end. Soon it will be given its death stroke by Almighty God himself. After that, in God's new order a reconstruction work will be done to transform this entire earth into a paradise. Trades of many types will be very useful then, as will skills in agriculture and homemaking. So by guiding their children away from the so-called 'higher' education of today, these parents spare their children exposure to an increasingly demoralizing atmosphere, and at the same time prepare them for life in a new system as well.”

Awake!, , p. 8.

Higher Education part of "Devil's Propaganda"

The following quotation from a 1969 Watchtower article hints at how strongly the Society opposed higher learning. Making something of yourself is here classed as "Devil's propaganda." Notice the continuing theme that time is too short to waste it on education. They, claim that the only work with a future is Watchtower service:

“Many schools now have student counselors who encourage one to pursue higher education after high school, to pursue a career with a ­ future in this system of things. Do not be influenced by them. Do not let them "brainwash" you with the Devil's propaganda to get ahead, to make something of yourself in this world. The world has very little time left! Any "future" this world offers is no future! ... Make pioneer service, the full-time ministry, with the possibility of or missionary service your goal. This is a life that offers an everlasting future!”

The Watchtower, , Article on pages 168- 173 titled "What Influences Decisions in Your Life?". Quote is from p. 171

I personally verify that these sayings above were quoted by the Watchtower..

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Sure.....you can pick yer "knows."
    And you can pick yer friends.
    But you can't pick yer friend's "knows"

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Witness of the Watchtower Holocaust from Danny Haszard's site The WT quote below stays up forever if they don't like it take me to court 'Tell the truth and don't be afraid' Witness of the Watchtower Holocaust Satan never Sleeps. Satan sez's;"so what if there is turn-over cause there's always fresh prey to be recruited". Watchtower lied and people died. Between 1967 and 1975 most Jehovah's Witnesses were hedging EVERYTHING on the 1975 Watchtower end of the world prophecy. They postponed everything, liquidated assets, they lived and they DIED for Armageddon in 1975. I know because I was THERE age 10 in 1967 when the 'profitcy' was announced (Montreal convention release of the 'Life in freedom of the son's of God' book) it was a little red hardcover book authored by then Watchtower president Fred Franz. It shook the Watchtower World. In the summer of '75 some members of my congregation even neglected giving the family car an overdue oil change knowing that cars could become unnecessary. The date was a complete deadly fiasco, and get this, they had the gall to string us along for ANOTHER 4 years with the rhetorical addendum of "how long did it take Adam to name the Animals"? Meanwhile at age 18 my Ulcerative Colitis is eating me away!

and they said:

"If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things … .all evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years… as a young person you will never fulfill any career that this system offers.
    If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone"!

-- Awake, 5/22/ 1969 , pg15
  • Cygnus
    Cygnus

All of them. There isnt one magazine, brochure, or book that the WTS or the IBS or the People's Pulpit hasn't published that doesn't contain something embarrassing to them in this day and age.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

They don't just have a little egg on the face they have a whole omelet.

Their cluster f**ks are endless.From 1992-95 i saw no wt literature,at a laundromat in 96 i flipped through a wt,and there was the article/prophecy about the might king of the north (aka now defunct soviet union) and how it would re-emerge and come back.

Hello!The USSR is gone forever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit