ITHINKISEE Update: Labor Day Weekend

by ithinkisee 18 Replies latest members private

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

(((( ITIS )))) I am so glad and so relieved and so excited for you both! What an exciting journey you two are on.

Has she come across a gorilla in her pink bikini in her apostate internet sites searches yet?

• garybuss
    garybuss

Another slight oversight made by the Witness people I have talked to are the texts that report that Paul didn't forsake Judaism. At least to the extent that he went from town to town and from Synagog to Synagog. He taught in the Synagogs, and to teach in a Synagog, didn't he have to be a Rabbi?
    So, if Witnesses want to be like Paul, they will have to preach to Jews in Synagogs and literally commit suicide. . If they want to be like Jesus, they will have to practice Judaism, be a Rabbi, and literally commit suicide. If they want to please Jesus, they will have to take the money changers and donation boxes out of all Kingdom Halls and Convention halls, AND give all their money to the poor. :-)

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Gary that's interesting cause there's a school of thought that Paul was NOT of the Pharisees, where rabbinical practice came from. Some think his writings deny pharasaical rabbinicalism altogether. I wonder what Nark or pete or Leo knows about this.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

This thread at least is in the "Private Discussion" folder, so she wouldn't stumble on it unless she requested to be a member of JWD.

It's a tough question tho. I would be upset to learn that my own personal life is being discussed by my hubby on an online forum. On the other hand, might I understand too that he is going through a hard time and needs support and help by discussing things with friends? This is part of the problem (and blessing!) of the internet, that it is very public and at the same time puts you in touch with friends you can discuss aspects of your life with. What makes it all the more difficult is that the Society has branded such forums as heretical/apostate/Satanic, etc. which makes it even harder to be up front about taking part in such discussions when you want to....

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I'm so glad to see how things are going with you two... well done!

My two cents... leave things with your mom for a while; take things one step at a time. You're going to be a long way away, and sure a mother is pretty smart, but she doesn't have to be told about it immediately. Deal with your own lives first. I'm realising that my family have had their chance on me and now it's my turn to make my own path. Compassion for your mother has to stop at the point at which it affects your own life.

• bebu
    bebu

What great updates!

I wonder how many folks don't know that they are just as suspicious of the WTS as their spouse... it's a tricky business. I wonder if she thinks she is getting YOU out?

bebu

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Your posts give me so much hope that it might happen for my wife too.

God knows, I've sowed enough seeds. One of them must take root, surely

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    I wonder how many folks don't know that they are just as suspicious of the WTS as their spouse... it's a tricky business. I wonder if she thinks she is getting YOU out?

LOL! I was just thinking the same thing. Like, maybe she's on another exJW discussion board somewhere sharing her personal life with her support network. Hahahaha!

• Legolas
    Legolas

Great news!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit