The Ashes, the decider ... starts tomorrow !

by Simon 17 Replies latest social entertainment

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

ahem...while we're on the subject.....

England stunned in Belfast, France win in Ireland 9:30 AM September 8

England's World Cup hopes suffered a shock setback at the hands of neighbours Northern Ireland this morning when a late David Healy goal sent the group six favourites to their first defeat in Belfast for 78 years.

In the biggest surprise of the night's 24 European zone qualifiers Northern Ireland, who had gone four years without a competitive home win before Saturday's 2-0 victory over Azerbaijan, were not flattered by their 1-0 success against a toothless England who barely manufactured a chance all night.

That result handed the group six initiative to Poland, who beat Wales 1-0 in Warsaw.

The Poles will definitely qualify with a point against England in their final game and might not even need that.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Ozzie

yikes!! Howzat for a dark omen????

Pope

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Yea, I thought they spoke English over there?

Yeah. I'm wondering what kind of game could possibly be played with "ashes".

W

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

who is on form - Trescothick?

• kazar
    kazar

Preston, funny post. All of the posts are witty. Yours made me LOL.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Is this another one of those odd European games where it appears there are no rules or so many rules that it is indecipherable, and no one hits anybody eles? Though I will confess Rugby isn't bad, those boys have the right mentality, if they could just learn to throw a proper forward pass and get in the weightroom they would be alright, oh and actually having some plays would be good, rather than just running about like madmen.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Big Dog

cricket has no rules at all!. This is 100% total true.

It has Laws.

See http://www.lords.org/laws-and-spirit/laws-of-cricket/

Pope

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Pope, I'm impressed. Does that mean that only solicitors and barristers can play?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit