The Ashes, the decider ... starts tomorrow !

by Simon 17 Replies latest social entertainment

• Simon
    Simon

Who d'ya reckon is going to win?

Can England win the ashes for the first time since 1987? Can they hold their nerve?

Will Australia scupper us?

Where I work there is a massive projector TV showing it on the wall at the end of the builing and plasma-TVs all round ... hopefully it will be a good watch !

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I don't understand most of what was said here. Is there some kind of game on?

W

• ballistic
    ballistic

Let's get the "TAKE THAT YOU OZZIES" thread ready!

• Scully
    Scully
    Where I work there is a massive projector TV showing it on the wall at the end of the builing and plasma-TVs all round ... hopefully it will be a good watch !

Sounds like the kind of place where a lot of people would like to work! Any job openings? Do they need any nurses?

• undercover
    undercover
    I don't understand most of what was said here.

Yea, I thought they spoke English over there?

• ISP
    ISP

Its going to be very close.

For once.....it would be nice if we had rain for 5 days.....

England will field a weaker team without Simon Jones. Australia go into the game knowing they have to win. A draw is unlikely unless we have a lot of rain. So who will win? You could flick a coin.And the coin toss will be vital. If England win.....they will most likely bat and try and get lots of runs on the board...before Warne becomes a factor like he does later in the match. Should be absolutely captivating. ECB have planned a Ashes celebration in Trafalgar Square......premature if you ask me as I think Australia have an excellent chance of winning.

ISP

• Preston
    Preston
    Can England win the ashes for the first time since 1987?

hmmm...even the hockley league gives the winner a big fancy cup.... I don't see whats so big about winning a couple of ashes.... (buncha brit guys all storm Preston at once!)

- Preston

• Simon
    Simon
    Sounds like the kind of place where a lot of people would like to work!

Yeah, it's not too bad. A bit "modern" (lots of bean-bags in meeting rooms ) but the pool-table, multi-player quake games and walk-in cafe that does a mean breakfast are pretty cool. There is something 'right' about having a full-english breakfast while you are sat at your desk

It's just a pity it's so far away !!

I like it but I'll probably look for somewhere nearer when the contract ends, before the dark winter nights set in.

For once.....it would be nice if we had rain for 5 days.....

Nah, they could always say that we only won it because of that. To really win it we need to beat the best - a full-strength Aussie squad.

I hope it's a good match, good weather ... and we win.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Simon

I think even if it rains the whole 5 days, most people would agree the Brits won the series fair and square.

The damn Aussies are hard to kill though. They don't lose easily.....

Good Luck Brits!! You'll need it!!

Pope

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

It's a pity the Yanks don't have a cricket team!
    Pope

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit