Any reports on KH destroyed in New Orleans?

by Billygoat 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Talked to my dad briefly about the New Orleans situation a couple days ago. He said the report is that there were as many as 29 Kingdom Halls destroyed. I realize New Orleans was big, but I have a hard time believing this. Does anyone have any definitive information???

Andi

• rebel8
    rebel8

Andi,

jw-aid.com, before the site was taken down, said 23 halls. I posted their words here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/97636/2.ashx

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

is that just in the NO area, or is it just taking into consideration the areas effective by the Hurricane?

I did a really quick search on switchboard.com, and there were over 10 KHs listed in NO alone...I didn't double check the address or anything for duplicate listings...but anyway, that number wouldn't surprise me at all.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I really don't know. I was on their mailing list and posted everything they sent out.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

My brother supplies the following info from the chat we are having right now:

ME:

I would think that the Society would organize and just call upon the brothers from that region

elvis says:

yea sunday somekind of report but i wasnt there working but elva heard it.

elvis says:

yea they responded immediatly and got everyone out to baton rouge and nearby areas but the brothers going in to see about rebuilding and fixing up halls. eight khalls under water

elvis says:

dad had email and was on phone with brothers the first day

elvis says:

he says all brothers were safe and no casualties so far. ;this was saturday

Eduardo says:

I see. that's good

Eduardo says:

some folks online are whining about how there is no link to the Red Cross or other message on the official WT webpage

elvis says:

yea they all left the area when evacuated. some came to texas area and kansas and oklahoma

elvis says:

we take care of ourselves and red cross is there if they go looking for it

Eduardo says:

Yeah that's what I basically said

elvis says:

i heard the mormons did the same and i think a lot of other churches did also since i heard one guy taking donations for church of christ

elvis says:

one guy at work was running people down for stay89ing there and i told him if it happended here where would he go to?

Eduardo says:

yeah, I think you are right about that and there are individual cases and small churches that are really helping out families or individual cases, but some churches also are putting up links from their websites. I said basically that info is everywhere you look so its no big deal

elvis says:

he said away- and i said where? he said anywhare and i said i would have to think about it since theres not tomany places you might have family at that you could live with for months.

Eduardo says:

What has been the "spin" by the brothers, is it what you'd expect, the ol' sign of the times feature. Mary S kind of alluded to that saying that such thngs "make you think" but I was wondering whether the friends have already started

elvis says:

well things are just going to get worse. seven years of tribulation before 2012 and it begins.

Eduardo says:

I am still waiting for the big one to hit here. I know I haven't saved up enough or planned properly to be able to live a few days much less for months, few people have

Eduardo says:

come on, not that ol thing again. 2012 raises interesting possibilities but don't tell me you are serious about signs occuring until then,

(rest of conversation deleted. we didn't get into the 2012 stuff)

• garybuss
    garybuss

23 Halls, Wow! That's like 69 literature counters.

• Mary
    Mary
    He said the report is that there were as many as 29 Kingdom Halls destroyed.

So does that mean that Jehovah wasn't protecting them, or Satan was attacking them?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Official fax read out in our congregation- in the NO area alone 23 damaged. 8 Totally submerged, 2 partially submerged - there is heavy damage and some total destruction in Mississippi, Alabama also - but can not remember these figures

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

I wonder how mant KH's Armageddon will take out? Oh, I suppose that's different then. If JWs are gonna get special protection at Armageddon, why not now? What will be so different in a couple of years or so? Or even sooner.......

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    is that just in the NO area, or is it just taking into consideration the areas effective by the Hurricane?

I asked him if that was in the entire Gulf Area that had been destroyed, but he said, "No, just New Orleans."

I was surprised, but then I'm so out of touch as to how many KH there really are in city.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit