Just returned from New Orleans

by Bryan 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((((Bryan)))))))))) I am so glad you and the family are doing okay. I'm so sorry to hear about the damage on your apartment, but glad to hear that you still have some belongings unharmed. I can only imagine what it was like to see your home like that. I'm not sure I'd have what it takes to be so brave. Please let us know if/when you're in Dallas again. I'm sorry I missed you this go round.

Still not sure where we’re going to land.

You can land here! Texas is a pretty awesome state!

Love,

Andi

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Bryan! I am so glad to hear your good news. A small light in a very dark room.

When will you (where will you ) receive your shipment of books? Not that you have anything else to do!

Hugs and love and ..... All that's good in this world

Brenda

• Sassy
    Sassy

I'm so glad the damage was not bad and no flooding Bryan.. Sorry to hear Marla did not have the same results.

I'm wondering if you are near where one of my good friends from work here has a home. She works here in Cali but since homes are so outrageous, her and her brother bought a home in New Orleans where he lives a good part of the time and she flies down to enjoy every chance she gets. My friend is trying to get a flight to see how things are but she heard from someone in the neighborhood, that for the most part those homes did not get flooded. She just has no idea yet if there was wind damage or if her home was broken into..

• Bryan
    Bryan

Marla,

No.. no insurance. We can replace the table and pictures though, no problem. Hopefully, the electricity will be on soon and control the mold a bit. It's so hot and humid in the apartment.

Billygoat,

Actually, we can Houston home. Right now I'm looking for corporate lodging here in Houston, but everyone seems to be full.

Brenda,

I am just going to have to ship the books wherever we are at the time. Some will go to Amazon and some to our distributor, Baker and Taylor.

Everything depends on my wife's company, Bechtel. If they decide to open an office somewhere then she has to go. Right now, she is working in the main office here. Everyone from the Matairie office is scattered from Houston to Indiana.

Thanks,

Bryan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit