Questions for Jgnat

by Shining One 151 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Shining One
    Shining One

Hi Defed,
    Yes, I can see that is the case again. The anti-Christian crowd will pat her on the back. Those who will admit the truth of the matter will take note. Thanks for the comments.
    Rex

• kid-A
    kid-A

Watch out! defd and shining one have united as "jehoobahs militia"! They have locked and loaded their service bags and are coming to a door-bell near you!!!!!

• Chia
    Chia

That is a terrifying--no wait, sickening--thought.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    God is not one to be mocked. You do so at your own peril.....

tetrapod.sapien: would you mind if i mocked Buddha or Allah? please advise.

It is amazing to me when someone tries to stick a point with a Scripture fragment that is grossly out of context, while decrying others for not considering Scripture in context. The Whining One refers to Galatians 6, which says "God is not one to be mocked, for whatever a man is sowing this he will also reap."

In context, it is clear that mocking God does not including doubting God's existence or even playfully jabbing at the idea of a God existing. Mocking God has to do with living as one who ignores God's principles. I do not think tetrapod.sapien would disagree with the principle at Galatians 6. He seems fully aware that whatever actions he takes and ideas he expresses are likely to have consequences of some kind or other, whether good, ill, or just humorous.

What peril does Galatians 6 say is in store for someone who jests about God? Or did The Whining One make a boo-boo and misapply Scripture, twisting it to suit a momentary emotional need to vent frustrations at a non-believer?

I notice, when I read the Bible, how Jesus, Paul, Peter and others were all about making non-believer know how much they sucked for their non-belief. Oh, wait, I mean I noticed how they were not all about that. In fact, I notice how they were all about not doing that. Well, Whining One, since you aren't following the example of either of the two men your guide book says to imitate, whose example are you following? Hm? Could it be...oh, I don't know..who could it be? Could it be, Satan?

Apologies to any who are too young to catch the Dana Carvey reference. I am OLDSoul, after all.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

hey old soul,

i got the carvey reference, and i'm only 28.

i realize when i poke fun at the concept of god, that i could be punished for it at a future time. however, the probability of it happening are so small in my mind, i relate it to waiting for the north american continental plate to fall under the ocean in my life time. sure it might happen, but the data suggest that it most likely will not.

slightly more probable, IMO, is the deists god. in which case even if it has an after life, i really do not think it's rewarding or punishing anyone for their behaviour. that's right, hitler and mother teresa hanging together.

at any rate, i hope to be over the being pissed off at god concept soon enough. it's just all new for me still.

TS

• Now What?
    Now What?

Hey, kid-A:

Is that a picture of a 21-nun salute?

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

TS,

I figure a god who lacks enough empathy to let petty trifles slide isn't worth the effort. If a god isn't above worrying about good-natured jabs at its unwillingness to manifest itself, ya can't really look up to it, you know what I mean?

We shall win you over to the light side yet!

Just kidding. I don't have a side, per se, to win anyone over to. And if I was standing on that "side" it would be very light anyway.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Caption for the nun picture: TRUST IN GOD, BUT PACK A ROD.

• jgnat
    jgnat

BTW, Diamondblue, OOOOOOPS! Next time I'll check my FACTS first!

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

This thread has reminded me of a true story, which I shall relate:

A good friend of mine in the early ninties started an internship at a care centre for the mentaly handicap. On her first day, a nurse was showing her around the facility when one of the inpatients came up to them and introduced himself as Jesus. The nurse asked Jesus if he would help her show Tracy(my friend) around the hospital.

The three of them proceceed with Jesus explaining to Tracy the different functions of the wards, and introducing her to both patients and doctors alike. Yep, the guy was a nutcase, but you would never know from a brief conversation.

On entering one perticular ward, Jesus noticed a new guy he did not recognise. So, he took Tracy and the nurse over to him.

Jesus: Hi, I've not seen you before, I'm showing Nurse and Tracy around the hospital and introducing Tracy to everyone. What's you name?

New Guy: Hi, my name's Jesus, what's yours?

Jesus1: I'm Jesus, there must be some mistake.

Jesus2: No, I'm Jesus. Your wrong!

This then escalated into a full blown fight, where security had to seperate them.

TRUE STORY!

steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit