Went to church for 2nd Sunday in a row...

by findingmyway 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• Pole
    Pole

:out the frying pan and into the fire!
    You mean "the fryin pan" of the Watchtower? Dude! You're makin' progress!
    Pole

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    out the frying pan and into the fire!

Would you care to qualify that with some sort of evidence?

Kwin

• Momofmany
    Momofmany
    We went, and kept going back week after week. We now have more friends that call us up to do things, then we ever did in the 20+ years I was in the org. And they're friends who aren't looking for dirt on you to rat you out. They really don't care what you do, and are happy with you being yourself.

That's the weird thing about going to church. Now we are still new at it, and all, but they seem to truely car. One day my suburan broke down, and we didn't go to church because I was working on the truck. After chruch they stopped to see if anyone was sick. I said no, just trying to get her to run right. They stayed for a bit in case i needed a hand. My children are asked over other kids houses to play. Now everyone there knows how I feel, but they let their kids play with mine. We all know if I were still in, no witness kid could pla with mine because of how I feel.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Pole-

Good catch! Looks like Defd is finally turning a corner into agreement. Yes Defd, the "frying pan" of the WTS. Now I'm sure today is going to be a good day, Defd gets it.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    out the frying pan and into the fire!

defd,

Have you experienced what they experienced? Then please don't denigrate them. I was DFed for a "crime" I confessed to and was sorry for. I was quite capable of hiding the "crime" and nobody being the wiser...I knew it wasn't right to do that. The brothers show no mercy - I was disfellowshipped and shunned like I was a murderer. *shaking head* Where was Jehovah's Spirit directing them? My personal opinion: they do not have Jehovah's Spirit. Maybe at one time, but not anymore.

The love I've experienced with my churches since then has been overwhelming. I have been accepted, warts and all. They encourage me, teach me, laugh and cry with me and guide me, they pray with and for me, and expect me to do the same with them because we're family. Jehovah's Spirit? Good and strong there! It's obvious.

Tell me...how is that the fire?

• defd
    defd

billy who do they pray to with you?

• scotsman
    scotsman

I've attended a few Church of Christ meetings and they made me feel very uncomfortable because they were so similar to JW meetings. This was 3-4 years ago and I know they've made some changes with their leader Kip McKean standing down, so I hope things are better but my impression was that they were very intrusive on each other's lives. They also mocked those who didn't share their faith. After the first meeting I was invited to lunch, play football and then attend a BBQ as well as offered a bible study. They've had bad press here because each year they seem to target students new to the city who are vulnerable and lonely with love bombing and make it very difficult for them to disengage.

Granted they knew their bibles (on palm pilots no less) but their (over)friendliness didn't mitigate the absence of women in any significant role and negative attitude towards homosexuality.

Use your freedom to visit lots of faiths to broaden your experience.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    billy who do they pray to with you?

We pray to our Heavenly Father. God. Jehovah. I do not call him Jehovah any longer as he is not some impersonal being in heaven anymore. He is my Father...thus I call Him that.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I do not call him Jehovah any longer as he is not some impersonal being in heaven anymore. He is my Father...thus I call Him that.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I do not call him Jehovah any longer as he is not some impersonal being in heaven anymore.&nbsp

This is the comment I thought was good

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit