A good story from the hurricane!

by Billygoat 10 Replies latest social current

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Some of you may have read my comments on this thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/97756/1677835/post.ashx#1677835

I just spoke with the mother of the little 2 year old mentioned in that post. The contact phone numbers the mom posted on that site were New Orleans cell numbers and we couldn't get in touch with her until yesterday. I left several voicemails to no avail. This morning I got a call from her. She was frantic and in tears, missing her baby. She is in a Red Cross Shelter in Beaumont, but has found some of her cousins that are willing to drive her up here to be reunited with her daughter. Her plan is to be here today or tomorrow in order to pick up her child and see her sister again. It's about a 4.5 - 5 hour drive up to Dallas from down there. It's been over a week since she's seen her baby. When I spoke with the lady's sister (the auntie who's keeping the baby here in Dallas) she said she had lost her two other daughters to a fire in 2002. A year later she has this little one and is especially protective of her.

I can only imagine the horror of not knowing where my child is at during a situation like this. And if I had lost two children several years ago to another tragedy, I would be especially frantic.

Stevenyc, it is because of YOUR post above that helped reunite this family again. I cannot thank you enough for what you've done. It was a simple gesture and you had no idea if anything would come of it. But if this is the only thing that comes out of your post, then it's served a beautiful purpose. I know this baby's momma would hug and kiss you if she could.

Andi

• damselfly
    damselfly

That's great news Andi! I missed the original thread but am glad to hear of a renunion.

Dams

• nilfun
    nilfun

Fantastic!

• damselfly
    damselfly

I think you posted this story as well Andi? About the babies airlifted from the hospital without their moms? It was on CNN this morning that 7 of them were re-united with their moms, I think last night.

Dams

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

dams,

I think you posted this story as well Andi? About the babies airlifted from the hospital without their moms? It was on CNN this morning that 7 of them were re-united with their moms, I think last night.

What wonderful news!!! If I heard that there were any children that hadn't been reunited, I would go down to that hospital and volunteer to be a momma. What wonderful, wonderful news!!! We need to hear more stories like this.

Andi

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Andi...thanks for posting that...it is good to hear something good for a change.

• under74
    under74

good news

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

Andi -- YOU ARE AN ANGEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Andi -- YOU ARE AN ANGEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to second that, you have such a wonderful heart!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    Andi -- YOU ARE AN ANGEL!!

(((((Marla)))))) I haven't done one thing that I know you wouldn't do yourself. I'm honored to serve where I can. I'm glad you "happened" upon Dallas when you decided to flee the storm.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit