by hibiscusfire 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

...ooops ....was younger

HF

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

carmel:

Hibis, I left home to get away from the JW influence at age 15. By 18 I worked at two jobs to save money for college. My wife and I trained our kids to be self reliant so that when they graduated from High School they could support themselves if need be. For the most part, they all did.

15 was a very young age...how did you manage to leave home at that age?

Training children to be independent is a very good way to go. Most parents do everything for their children, and at the point when the parents need their children's help (e.g. in sickness) the child cannot function very well at all.

Hibiscusfire

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

paulj Surely it depends. You can get 12 year olds who can cook, clean and look after themselves. At the same time there are 30 year olds who act like children and havent got a clue. I think that is shameful. Imagine a 40 year old who wouldn't make up his bed but leaves it to his aging mom at 70. Its all about maturity, and sometimes that comes from giving them no choice but to be responsible for themselves. Some parents just do not give their children that responsibility - they need a kick. Hibie

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Evan:

There are certain things an 18 year old supposed to do.

Guaduate from secondary school and prepare for their future, - YES

There are certain ways an 18 year old should behave.

Well I know several 18 year olds that are into carebears and sailormoon of cause I see nothing wrong with that Sailormoon is cool - I STILL LIKE WINNIE THE POOH AND TIGER, STANLEY AND THAT BIG RED DOG

There are certain things an 18 year is still not old enough to do.

It is really hard to judge it really depends on the level of maturity

I think smoking should hold off untill you are at least 21. - I THINK IT SHOULD HOLD OFF PERIOD

Should she sleep until 12 or 11 in the morning?

why not? sleeping is the best? what does age have to matter? - BECAUSE SHE IS TOO DARN LAZY. SHE IS SOMEONE WHO LETS HER MOM WASH HER CLOTHES EVEN WHEN HER MOM IS SICK.

Responsibility to cook, clean ----help out around the house?

It will help at that age to learn those skills for when you move out and live on your own. like how to work a washing machine and dishwasher - PREPARING AT AN EARLY AGE HELPS

Whats wrong with giggling? Heaps of 18 year olds are a real happy laughing lot, this goes for all age groups, it is really the individuality weather you are a giggling one or not. - I DON'T LIKE WHEN THEY GIGGLE AT OTHER PEOPLE'S EXPENSE e.g. an albino person

Try to outdo others in fashion wear?

This again goes for all ages, I don't care much for fashion, so really its up to the individual weather they are into fashion or not. - SOME 18 YEAR OLDS DO IT SO THAT THEY CAN BE POPULAR AND SHOW OFF.

HIBISCUS

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Evanescence: All I can say is most 18 year olds really hate it when their parents are real control freaks over their lives.

They are old enough to make their own desitions (well most of them) and it really bothers them when their parents are not very trusting.

And at the age 15 too eh??? And up ++++

HIBE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit