Report of "Brothers and Sisters" affected by Katrina

by Grace 13 Replies latest jw friends

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Katrina's cone at one time would have taken it directly to Houston. What if Katrina struck Houston instead? What would be the speil for that?

• sir82
    sir82

Yes, I heard this letter read at teh end of th WT study on Sunday.

I found it rather telling that the Society had a great amount of detail on how much property was affected (23 kingdom halls damaged, X number partially submerged, Y number completely submerged), etc.

But, regarding their people?

"Well, we kind of hope some of them missed the storm because tehy were at their convention. We kind of think those who were in the Superdome went to Houston. Some friends, we think, offered their homes in hospitality".

Every day, a new reason to be sad/angry/disgusted at what comes from HQ...

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Well, they will say:"That it is one good reason to never miss an assembly . You just never know what will happen....."

• avishai
    avishai
    would be (instructions and announcements to be made later). SO all the money put in the contribution box would help the Society and they decide how

much to LEND to the local congregations to rebuild

Yeah, this is what makes me want to barf. They lend the cong.s back the $$$ they've already donated/worked their asses off in service for AT INTEREST to build/re-build kh's. It's sooooo sick. Can you imagine any other company getting away with that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit