God and Bin Laden - why don’t you hate them both?

by donkey 14 Replies latest jw friends

• donkey
    donkey

Bin Laden was responsible for the attacks on 9/11 in which thousands lost their lives.

Katrina was an act of God. Not only has Katrina also killed thousands it has also destroyed the homes and jobs of hundreds of thousands. God was responsible for this.

So why do you Christians have such double standards? Why do you love God more than anything/anyone else and yet you hate Bin Laden? When are you going to start worshipping Bin Laden?

Donkey

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I hate both equally.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Katrina was nature, not God.

But if you see what God did, how many innocent he killed (for example in the cencus at king Davaid's time), I would say: yes I hate both.

• donkey
    donkey
    Katrina was nature, not God.

Nature is not controlled by god?

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Katrina was an act of God.

Really, did God tell you this?

Not only has Katrina also killed thousands it has also destroyed the homes and jobs of hundreds of thousands.
    God was responsible for this.

Tell me specifically, where is your irrefutible evidence of that statement - not generalizations, but proof? For centuries, long before humans occupied what we now call Louisiana, Alabama and Mississippi, hurricanes worked there way across the Atlantic ocean, into the warm waters of the Gulf and hit land ... there was nothing 'personal' about it then, why should now be any different?

• Simon
    Simon

Because I know Bin Laden exists.

Hating God is like picking on the tooth fairy or bitching that Santa didn't bring you what you wanted ... pointless - he ain't there !

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

ACtually, they might be the same person. Have you seen both of them in the same room together?

• jaffacake
    jaffacake
    Katrina was an act of God. Not only has Katrina also killed thousands it has also destroyed the homes and jobs of hundreds of thousands. God was responsible for this.

I suppose having led such a sheltered life (as a JW?) you may actually believe that most Christians believe that God is controlling nature - like by magic? Please don't tar all Christians with the same brush. After all, what you describe is the fashionable modern perspective - fundamentalism. But in reality, this is a minority Christian perspective.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I'm with simon, I think its santa's fault...

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Nature is not controlled by god?

Before this can be discussed, you will need to define "god". It seems that everyone I talk to has a different definition.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit