Sending out an SOS!

by Xandria 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Xandria
    Xandria

My husband's cousin Mac Alexander sent him an email regarding missing cousins.

Boby Johnson of Laurel, MS. They are elderly and we have not heard from them. The phones are out, so is cell towers. They live on Crepe Myrtle Lane.

Quote:
    My 3 sisters and a brother in Laurel, MS, and they are locked in by downed trees. No phone, electricity, gasoline (for generators),water, etc. Generators pump tubs full of well water, and mostly run continuously to provide oxygen for my 76 yr old sister who has a respiratory problem requiring oxygen 24/7. I have reported it to FEMA, but do not hold much hope for their help since they spent 4+ days before FEMA could/would respond to New Orleans and MS gulf coast, which are in much worse condition in almost every way.
    My brother-in-law is siphoning gasoline from a camper, tractor, truck and car to keep at least one generator for the oxygen running until they can find gasoline. I left Wed past returning to Houston area, and did not find gasoline until I got into TX (~400 miles). I had filled up
    the day the eye reached Laurel, MS, but before full force.

We have called FEMA, we the Red Cross and the red tape is choking! Trying to get through to anyone has been a battle! The phones are literally jammed or they pawn you off.

Time is of the essence and any help will be appreciated.
    X.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I was able to locate friends on the following link. You will have to register, but it doesn't take very long. Post your query there. Maybe someone will be able to tell you something there.

http://www.nola.com Look on the left side of the page for"What Happen to My Neighborhood"

Click on Gulf Coast and ask your question there. As an alternative try calling the State EOC at (601) 360-0054

Here are some more numbers I just found.

Emergency Information Number 1 (800) 499-2203

Mississippi Emergency Management Agency 1 (800) 445-6362

Mississippi Red Cross 1-866-GetInfo. If deciphered that correctly that should be 1-866-4384636

• Xandria
    Xandria

Thanks!

I have been calling and putting out the word. RED Tape is the worst!

X.

• Gerard
  • crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Xandria

I'm so sorry to hear about this. If you can't find anything out thru the other resources I can try and pull in a few favors from when I used to work with the red cross diaster team. But even I don't know if I can get thru to anyone. It'll depend on where my friends are right now. I will pray your family is found.

love ya gal-shelley

• Xandria
    Xandria

Let's see if the Coast Guard Lt. comes through. I will keep you posted, they are supposed to let us know something ~ sometime in the afternoon.

X.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

So sorry to hear that news. Xandria. I hope your able to find out with the info kennson gave you. Keep us posted.

What a sad state of affairs. My heart goes out to all who having to endure the aftermath of Katrina and I pray that now one from here is missing or has died. That would be so tragic.

Love Orangefatcat

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Sending energy to cut thru the red tape so you may find your loved ones, Xandria!!

• Xandria
    Xandria

Woot!!!

We got news! FINALLY! Thank you Coast Guard! They are safe.

X.

• talesin
    talesin

Wow, I haven't been online all day, and just read the thread... that is really good! I'm glad you can rest easier, now.

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit