Mormons involved in disaster relief for everyone

by Double Edge 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

This board often equates the Morm o ns with the JWs. Knowing from personal experiences both groups, there are striking differences. This morning, I asked one of my Morm o n friends “what are the mormons doing for the disaster area”… he said that they always contribute help during disasters. Later he got back to me with this link:

Storehouses Continue to Send Supplies to Hurricane Katrina Victims Two additional truckloads of humanitarian aid for Hurricane Katrina's hardest-hit areas along the Gulf coast are on their way from the Bishops' Central Storehouse in Salt Lake City. The semi-trucks, loaded Wednesday, are filled with supplies necessary to sustain the lives of Hurricane Katrina refugees. The cargo includes tents, sleeping bags, bottles of drinking water, and five-gallon gas containers. Meanwhile, Church meetinghouses across the Southeast continue to be used as emergency shelters. One meetinghouse in Metairie, Louisiana, a New Orleans suburb, served as an American Red Cross Shelter and a destination for carloads of the state's refugee families, according to a Philadelphia Inquirer report.

At a press conference addressing the Church's ongoing role in the Hurricane Katrina relief effort, Kevin Nield, director of Bishops' Storehouse Services, said the Church would continue to meet the needs of Church members and other community members who are seeking refuge.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

ouch, I'm sorry, but could you please correct your spelling in your thread title? Mormons

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    ouch, I'm sorry, but could you please correct your spelling in your thread title? Mormons

oops... sorry... .... corrected !

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Glad to see they're helping out.

• JAVA
    JAVA

Hello DanTheMan and others,

This thread makes me wonder how the Tower is helping with the disaster relief. Maybe they're sending old copies of "The Watchtower" that couldn't be unloaded on the JWs.

• luna2
    luna2
    Maybe they're sending old copies of "The Watchtower" that couldn't be unloaded on the JWs.

At least they'll find a use as toilet paper.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Much better than Watchtower. There is a special announcement that has been put out in NY. It is a letter sent to all the POs to be read once, at the public meeting this weekend. Funny thing is it says nothing. No special effort, no special funds no collections. You could get the same info from this site or their press release.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

The Mormon Religion tells people to save up canned goods and bottled water for situations just like these. I'm not suprised that they did something like this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit