Dating dubs, when is a chapperone needed?

by gringojj 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Honesty
    Honesty

More proof the JW's do not have Christ in their hearts.

• Dimples
    Dimples

= CHAPERONE NEEDED! ( No matter how old you are ) DIMPLES

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I tried to cut and paste, couldn't get it. What's with it where it talks about respecting local customs. Unless my brain is trying to twist this, the JWs say to respect local traditions. Now are they talking about local JW tradtions, or the customs of the land?

When we were older teenagers we were allowed to do a few things as a group. The elders had their snitches. Someone usually got busted for something. Then here comes all the elder's meeting and mom's weeping!

Personally, I made the elders work hard for their titles! And I'm proud of it!!

shelley

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

I had an interesting experience at work. I work with a woman who's a "swinger" and she asked me to chaperone her and a male co-worker if they went out to lunch because she's worried about developing an "emotional" attachment to him. Anything physical is permissable as far as she and her husband are concerned, but emotional attachments are no-nos.

A JW friend of mine was married a couple years ago. Whenever she went out on a date, she always had a chaperone. She was past 30 at the time.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

My ex mother in law dirvorced her non JW husband on the grounds that he was preventing her from being a JW (spiritual endangerment, which as bullshit, he never prevented her from doing anything JW-wise). She started hanging around this other dude for 7-8 years, and cause they each had kids from prior marriages, they got away with it (no chaperones but little kids). Two years ago they got married.

Now, she divorced her ex. He said, hell, I don't live by JW rules so I'm getting remarried. That gave her the go ahead to be "scripturally free." That seems really bogus to me. But the elders gave it the go ahead. I know another JW girl who got divorced cause they mutually agreed to leave each other... he wouldnt admit to "infidelity in the eyes of Jehovah" so she shacked up with some guy, got DF'd and got reinstated a year or so later so she could marry a JW again. My ex-wife's aunt did something similar. How whacked.

Chaperoning gets lip service but I'd guess if they're phyically attracted to each other 95% of JWs commit at least "loose condduct." I know me and my friends did. and, most of those marriages are dead now.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    A JW friend of mine was married a couple years ago. Whenever she went out on a date, she always had a chaperone. She was past 30 at the time.

Damn!

Is it just me or is that creepy?

• damselfly
    damselfly

creepy and it happens all the time around here.

Dams ( so glad she never dated a JW )

• ballistic
    ballistic

dog almighty, this thread spooked me out for sure. Have I really forgotten that much what it's like to be a JW.

• vitty
    vitty

Your MIL could be in huge trouble if they found out.

I know one case where a husband and wife called at a sisters house to collect something, the wife stayed in the car and the husband went in but left the front door wide open. They were all about 70 at the time and he was only there for 2 minutes !!!!!!!!!! crazy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit