Why are the JW's so bad?

by DF 32 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

DF

it is good that you are doing research and asking questions-
    for once you become a jw you will not be able to ask any questions in the "Context" of the wt and the material under discussion is wrong

instead you will be required to ask the question in the context of:

"I know the wt is right and i'm just slow and can't get it, could you help me understand it the way that the WT wants me to"

yes you will have to play dumb if you are going to ask any questions

NO questions of a "Critical Nature" will be allowed- only one that infer you are lacking on YOUR PART NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND

now here is another example of a direct wt CONTRIDICTION

##########

The official position is well expressed in The Watchtower of 1931:
    The Watchtower recognizes the truth as belonging to Jehovah, and not to any creature.
    The Watchtower is not the instrument of any man or set of men. No man's opinion is
    expressed in The Watchtower. God feeds his own people, and surely God uses those who love
    and serve him according to his own will.

(November 1 p. 327)

1995 "Why Awake is Published" [before Nov 8th 1995] Most important, this magazine builds confidence in the
    Creator's promise of a peaceful and secure new world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes
    away." [After Nov. 8 1995 reference to '1914 generation' deleted] "Most important, this magazine builds confidence
    in the Creator's promise of a peaceful and secure world that is about to replace the present wicked, lawless system of
    things."

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

DF,

Welcome! I'm not quite sure you are here since you sound like you are already convinced to become a JW. That's fine! It's your decision dear. Most of the people here have a different opinion about JW's because of their personal experiences. Few of us HATE JWs - we hate what they've put us and our loved ones through. It's hating the action, not the person. But differing opinions are okay. Everyone's entitled to that.

I suggest you pray long and hard about your decision...do lots of research on their beliefs...and take the plunge. I get the feeling you're like me - I like to get people's opinions, but sometimes I need their assurance that I did the right thing. This is something that you'll be on your own with. Be independent. Make your own decision.

Godspeed to you!

Billygoat

• Hank
    Hank

DF,

I strongly suggest you join the Jehovah's Witness religion. It will help you enourmously. You will learn good morals, love of God and love of your neighbor. You will learn charity and how to help those less fortunate than you. You will learn how to dip down into your pocket book and help those needy ones you see frequently. You will learn that sex is sacred and outside of marriage and outside of a few immoral practices, sex is almost supposed to be fun, if practiced in moderation.

You will learn about Biblical values like the husband taking the lead in the family and showing respect for his wife for she is truly a "weaker vessel" and about raising children without sparing the rod, because Jehovah knows that "foolishness is bound up in the heart of a child" and only beating the shit out of that child will make that child realize that.

Mostly you will learn about manipulation and how powerful it is when you let it happen to you. That is because you will be the manipulatee. Once you are baptized you will realize that truth and then you will lose everything if you decide not to stay in. But other than that, it is a great religion: they lie to you all the time, they change their minds all the time on doctrine, they have flunkies for leaders and everyone will talk about you behind your back if you don't do exactly as they tell you to do.

Hank

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit