THANKS 'POSTATES!

by CoonDawg 21 Replies latest jw friends

• under74
    under74

That's great to hear! I hope it goes even further

• luna2
    luna2

I can see why you're excited. It has to be so great to see someone you love start waking up!

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

That's fantastic progress - she could be ready for In Search of Christian Freedom by Ray Franz?

http://www.commentarypress.com/booklist-eng.html

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Yahoo! Congrats!

Dave

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Thanks everyone....I AM excited. As for her being ready to read Ray Franz...well, I kinda hinted at it because one of the posters here that I knew personally as a kid, was there at Bethel in the Ray Franz aftermath. I told her about how it all started with groups getting together to do deep scholarly type bible study and that they discovered that the society was wrong about the whole 607 thing. I also told her how now...well, it's okay at bethel to read the bible as an individual, but it's frowned on to get together in these small groups anymore because it might lead to discovering lies apostate thinking.

Anyhow...I'm still mostly hands off. I think she's beginning to think that JW's may have been god's people at one time, but they may not have his approval anymore. I'll let her make her progress at her own pace.

As I've said...she's the smartest person I know....except when it comes to the JW's. It's always been ruled by emotion before. I once asked her in our infrequent discussions of religion..."If you discovered that the JW's were NOT god's approved organization, would you change or would you make excuses and stay in with them?" I guess she gave this serious consideration. I've also asked this question of my mom...but I'm not seeing her looking at "apostate" websites anytime soon. But that's okay. My job isn't to "deconvert"...simply to help people begin asking their own questions. "No one knows what the Matrix IS. You must see it for yourself."

alt

Ern

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    I think she's beginning to think that JW's may have been god's people at one time, but they may not have his approval anymore.

This is something I'm saving to save for my parents some day. Great point to consider from their perspective.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

CG:What great news! It looks like light at the end of the tunnel!

My wife came round for a visit last night (first in a year), and the conversation was quite different...

• ballistic
    ballistic

That is good news. Do you think she'll be on here soon? That's another thing, I sometimes wish I could post stuff and think, what if I introduce them to this web site one day?

• outnfree
    outnfree

VERY happy to read your news, Coon Dawg!

out

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Great news, CD!

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit