THANKS 'POSTATES!

by CoonDawg 21 Replies latest jw friends

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

I can't believe it. As many of you know, my wife is still a JW. She is very "liberal" and doesn't agree with all the dogma. Well, tonight, we were getting ready to climb into bed and we start talking. Out of the blue, she says "Did you know that the WTS was at one time a UN NGO?" I answered "Yep, and they denied their reasons for doing it." She says..."yep...they lied."

I was FLOORED! This from my JW wife. Then she tells me "I was reading on a website called watchman.org. He had some really good articles. One was very compelling about why the gentile times may not have ended...and another with good cogent arguments about how the 'man of lawlessness' is within the WTS."

I couldn't believe my ears. We had some good conversation about how there are sincere witnesses, and a lot of JW wannabees at the hall. We related the things she read with her own experiences as a strong minded career woman in the bORG, my experiences...and those of friends. She was ready for some sleep by then...but I couldn't WAIT to get on here and tell everyone. I'm so happy. It's taken nearly 7 years...but FINALLY....she's using that wonderful brain she has instead of blindly follwing the decrees of some old wrinkly dudes in Brooklyn.

I actually heard her utter the statement "The organization is doing what all religions do...starting sincerely but getting way off track. Becoming like Jerusalem, getting the worship and importance for themselves rather than to God."

Feelin' LUCKY TONIGHT!

Ern

• avishai
    avishai

WOW!!

I guess that clown ewatchman is doing some good after all!!

• steve2
    steve2

Best wishes. It sounds like your wife is allowing herself a little bit of "independent" thinking stemming from some doubts. Easy does it, though, cause she may retreat, as many do who start expressing their doubts.

• talesin
    talesin

I'm happy for you, CoonDawg! :D

tal

• talesin
    talesin

PS. Thank you for sharing your good news. There is so much sadness and anger today (understandably so), and you brought a smile to my face.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Awesome coondawg That's how it happened for me. I was actually looking into the scientology cult because I had heard so many weird things about Scientologists. As I read, I was taken back by how much it reminded me of the control tactics of the WTBTS. Then I decided to Google Jehovah's Witnesses and finally was ready to look into things myself, what an eye opener that was. It took me forever too, as I was really worried about those darned apostate internet sites.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Just don't let her know that e-watchman has recently been disfellowshipped. That might scare her away.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

That is soooo cool CoonDawg.

You have some interesting times ahead of you.

Cheers

Chris

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Just don't let her know that e-watchman has recently been disfellowshipped. That might scare her away.

Wouldn't want her having bad association with apostates.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Coondawg,

That's so cool! I hope she starts finding some healthier outlets for spiritual consideration and a new support network of friends.

Andi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit