The race card has officially been played in New Orleans

by Texas Apostate 26 Replies latest social current

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

As much as I think politicians are corrupt, I honestly do not think ANYONE thought

"shall we get a relief operation going then?"

"why? its only blacks that live down there?"

SERIOUSLY do you HONESTLY believe anyone would think that?

I think the real reasons for delay have been stupidity, naievity, complacency,
    bad management, no dynamic leadership. But racism? no.

BTW - I knew a black sister who failed her driving test and said it was because
    she was black. We said, no Peaches, its because you are a crap driver.

• roybatty
    roybatty
    As much as I think politicians are corrupt, I honestly do not think ANYONE thought

"shall we get a relief operation going then?"

"why? its only blacks that live down there?"

SERIOUSLY do you HONESTLY believe anyone would think that?

Finally, a voice of reason, thanks Katie.

What I find ironic is that Jesse Jackson and the Jackson family are probably one of the richest / most powerful families here in Chicago. All of which was gained by exploiting the black community. Hmmm...I wonder if a natural disaster hit Chicago who would get out first, my kids or Jesse? BTW - I'll bet anyone a dollar that Jesse is able to use his "power" to get his hands on some type of lucrative contract in the re-building of New Orleans.

• minimus
    minimus

Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are racists.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    To blindly state "This is ALL about race and poverty" while ignoring the realities of the situation is not only bad form, it's illogical. I will agree that there is definitely a racial component to the delay in relief to those who are stranded in New Orleans. But I just will not concede that the blame for this lies solely on the shoulders of the Feds.

I agree with you on this.

I believe if something like this happened in Wisconsin, Arizona, or Washington state, military help would've been dispatched immediately.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I dunno, politicians are stupid, selfish, slow, ineffective, unable to make decisions or show leadership. I think all those qualities would shine out if a disaster on that scale hit any place.

After all their ineffectiveness will COST them dearly in brownie points and voter confidence, and they STILL cant arrange a piss up in a brewery.

I think what would happen if it had happened in a richer white place is that rich white people with connections would have shouted louder and longer and sooner and pulled every string known to man, and bent the ear of every big business and every politician they knew to get things moving quicker.

Probably because all those poor people have no voice and no boardroom connections and no links to the rich and powerful they were reliant on the stupid dull witted politicians. It wasnt done deliberately, it was just that they had to rely on incompetents.

• luna2
    luna2

I agree, katie.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Basiccally, if all the people that were in charge were black, then their delinquency would be blamed on on the absence of whites. There is no way to win when the bottom line is:

Those people are humans, and it is our job as humans to help them. Not to run around fighting about race issues.

And Mer, that wasn't very nice was it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit