Reply to AF-Part I

by dunsscot 48 Replies latest jw friends

• AlanF
    AlanF

To Dunsscot:

Comments on your first post on this thread:

: Thanks for the "suggestions," but I will employ my own form of citation.
    : A type of citation, I might add, that any rational agent with an IQ
    : of 100 or less could understand quite readily.

The problem was that you yourself could not manage to consistently conform to
    your own format. You made several mistakes that made it difficult to follow
    without going back to earlier posts and reconstructing the flow of, shall we
    be generous and say, 'thought'. I merely gave suggestions to help you with your
    clarity of posting. By your own mouth, then, you have a low intelligence
    quotient.

Comments on your 2nd post on this thread:

: No, I am not going to waste my precious time replying to any more posts you
    : submit to this medium on the Akedah issue, etc.

In other words, you're taking the coward's way out, just as you've done
    internally in many of your posts.

: And I told you that I could care less about your "demand" or "suggestions."

Which further shows your IQ level.

: ... I really have nothing else to say to you. But I am going to expose
    : your lies.

Translation: I'm gonna whip out my little peepee and squirt a few drops in
    your general direction. Then I'm gonna do this:

And do note, Dunny: I'm not the least bit angry with you. You provide every
    bit as good entertainment as the other JW/Fundy types who are high-fiving you,
    like Mishnah and Yadirf, and those of similar spirit like poor old Rexie.
    I mean, how can I be angry with clowns? And if you like high fives from
    complete morons like these, then you certainly deserve to remain a JW. Yes
    indeed, baffling them with clownish bullshit is the JW/Fundy stock in trade.

As for your idiotic claim that you've never "sold magazines from door to door",
    that might imply that you've only been a JW since the early 1990s. But that's
    not so; you've been a JW far longer. If you "placed" magazines before the early
    90s, then you "sold" them. The dictionary definition you provided proves it:
    "To exchange or deliver for money or its equivalent." The standard line was
    like this: "I'd like to leave these fine Bible-based magazines with you for
    a contribution of only ten cents." Of course, if no "contribution" was given,
    nothing was to be left. So the magazines were 'exhanged or delivered for money'
    because the leaving of them was contingent upon receipt of money.

True, some JWs did give magazines away for free. I certainly gave away plenty
    of them. But it wasn't exactly a lot of money, and it allowed people to keep
    up with those all-important literature 'placement' stats. Of course, this had
    nothing at all to do with the fact that when we didn't give literature away,
    we sold it.

As for the money covering the printing cost of the literature, it did that
    and it covered a lot more besides. Back when magazines cost five cents, it
    cost the Society about one cent to manufacture. That included all overhead:
    paper, ink, labor, buildings, etc. The remaining four cents was used for
    general purposes such as expansion and paying legal expenses. The Watchtower
    Society is incorporated as a non-profit organization, so any money they made
    was by legal definition not "profit". It's also not likely that more than a
    handful of JW leaders were personally enriched by the flow of money. But
    this is neither here nor there: selling does not necessarily require the
    making of a business profit, or the personal enrichment of anyone. It simply
    requires the exchange of goods for money. And that's what selling magazines
    entailed.

As for today's "donation" arrangement, don't make me laugh. Congregations all
    through the 1990s were required to send to the Society an amount of money for
    literature that was the equivalent, in the Society's view, of the price of
    the literature before the donation thing went into effect (and of course, it
    was in effect only in rich countries like the U.S. until a couple of years ago).
    The Society actually sent bills for literature to congregations if they didn't
    receive enough through other contribution channels. Then elders had to lie to
    the rank & file and ask for a 'special donation' to the Society, without
    telling them that it was to pay the Society's literature bill.

So you've learned well, Dunny, to lie just like your Mommy does.

As for you, Mishnah, you're like a scratched and broken record. You
    repeat nonsense like, "AlanF offers bad arguments", but you never offer any
    arguments yourself to prove your lies. But we all know that for bullshitters
    like you, talk is cheap. In fact, cheap talk is all you have. You're like a
    cheap drunk, except you're drunk on religion.

As for my getting professional help, indeed I have done so. Last fall I engaged
    the services of a team of professionals to finish my basement. I also called
    upon a professional landscaping team to finish my yard.

As for your notion that I've had a "psychological breakdown", did the holy
    spirit tell you that? Or perhaps that eminently knowledgeable seer Yadirf did?
    Or perhaps you learned it in a seance? Do reveal your "documented" sources.

AlanF

• dunsscot
    dunsscot

AF,

Since you like quoting the Bible so much, I thought you would like these passages:

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor REVILERS, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

Matthew 12:36-37

"But I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."

Cheers!

Duns the Scot

• outcast
    outcast

Hey duns,

Did you type the scriptures real slow? Now take a fifteen minute break, round it off to an hour.

Isn't pioneering satisfying?

• Winston
    Winston

Duns,

So whats your point you quoted Scriture but gave no application.

The Pope quotes Scripture so what, give us application.

Show us all how and why the Scritures you quoted aply to AF.

Don't be general nail you pionts solidly, if you even can?

To reach the heart make application so plan we fall down on our face and say, "God is really in the mist of you people!"

The Never Ending Search For Truth

• AlanF
    AlanF

To Dunsscot:

Since you like quoting the Bible so much, I thought you would like these passages:

"All who swear by God's name will praise him, while the mouths of liars will be silenced."--Psalm 63:11.

"We also know that law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious; for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, for adulterers and perverts, for slave traders and liars and perjurers..."--1 Timothy 1:9, 10.

"But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."--Revelation 21:8.

"But I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."--Matthew 12:36-37

What do you think God hates more -- cowards and liars, or one who reviles cowards and liars? Jesus reviled such people, like the Pharisees. I also revile Pharisaic people.

AlanF

• CPiolo
    CPiolo

Duns:

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
    --William Shakespeare: Antonio, in The Merchant of Venice, act 1, sc. 3, l. 97

CPiolo

• dunsscot
    dunsscot

AF: Since you like quoting the Bible so much, I thought you would like these passages:

"All who swear by God's name will praise him, while the mouths of liars will be silenced."--Psalm 63:11.:

DUNS: I guess you will be silenced, eh? Seeing as you lied about both Russell and Rutherford as well as God Himself.

AF: "We also know that law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious; for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, for adulterers and perverts, for slave traders and liars and perjurers..."--1 Timothy 1:9, 10.:

DUNS: Again, you condemn yourself, liar!

AF: "But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."--Revelation 21:8.

DUNS: This verse sounds like a perfect delineation of the AF I know. Besides being a coward, he is unbelieving, vile, a murderer and a liar. I will give AF the benefit of the doubt on the other vices though.

AF: What do you think God hates more -- cowards and liars, or one who reviles cowards and liars? Jesus reviled such people, like the Pharisees. I also revile Pharisaic people.

DUNS: What if a coward and a liar wrongly reviles someone he thinks is a liar and a coward? Furthermore, I am sure that Jesus never used the expletives that you do, to condemn the Pharisees. Jesus also knew the heart of man and spoke truth. You don't have either qualification. Now go back to the bourbon and your 1673 WT volumes.

Duns the Scot

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

: I am sure that Jesus never used the expletives that you do

Jesus was a hypocrite. He said that a person calling his brother a "fool" was liable to the fiery Gehenna. Then he went and called his Jewish brothers (and spiritual heads, I might add) "fools."

Paul felt compelled to apologize when he called the high priest a white-washed grave, and even quoted scripture to reprove himself.

I usually don't bother arguing the ethics of Bible characters with literalists. A true believer can find all sorts of divine justification for the crap found in his holy text.

• ianao
    ianao

Looks like the true Dunny "shines" through at this point.

Hmmm...

What an intelligent thread (like I have room to talk).

DS: You're a liar!

AF: You're a liar!

DS: You're the liar!

AF: No, YOU are the liar!

DS: No, YOU ARE THE LIAR.

AF: NO, YOU ARE THE LIAR.

Keep going guys!!!!!

• AlanF
    AlanF

Hey ianao!

It's a little more than a back-and-forth of unsubstantiated claims of "you're a liar". You know very well that I've demonstrated how Dunny and other JW/Fundies distort things. Now you can see that he's claiming that I've lied about Russell and Rutherford. So for your benefit, when I get home from work I'll cobble together some quotes proving my original assertions about those men.

We've seen this kind of behavior by JWs time and again on these ex-JW forums. They all scream "LIAR!! LIAR!!!!" as loud as they can, but absolutely never demonstrate their claims. They either run away altogther, or eventually come back and do a repeat performance.

AlanF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit