Dallas Troops - Can you help me?

by Billygoat 21 Replies latest social current

• Valis
    Valis

Woot! Nina just left my house...I hope it helps and my best wishes to Marla.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

It will take me a bit, but I will be there. I need the sizes on clothes and such. I have 3 bags of clothes in my shed. Mixed assorted stuff I am taking to the arena, maybe they can use some of of it.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Something really neat just happened. I went to the store before stopping by Billygoats. The man behind the counter asked what I was doing and I told him. He handed me 10 dollars. Then I knocked at the wrong door at billy's and this lady came out. I appologized and told her what I was doing and if she knew anyone that wanted to help to just take it over to Billy's. She came back with a case of water. Pretty cool huh!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Oh then I get home and this lil puppy followed my son home. I had to walk the area and ask if anyone was missing a dog. This other lady took it in until the owner is found or not....Pretty cute lil boogar.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Thanks Andi got your PM. I'm putting this back to the top, so all can see. bttt HL

• katiekitten
  • horrible life
  • arrowstar
    arrowstar

BTTT

I was able to see Andi today and give her stuff to take.

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

WOW!!!! You guys are so awesome!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for your generosity!! I got to meet Andi and Mark last night and have a wonderful dinner curtesy of Nina! Yumm Thank you guys so much for the help and support. It was so strange to realize how much we really do need help - something as simple as a blanket is something that we don't have and will need in starting over.

The great news is that I found my stepmom last night and she is fine and her house is fine! She sent word to her mom in NY through a local hospital that she is okay. Her message for me was "don't come home - there is nothing left." It is so sad and overwhelming. And I feel SO SAD for the poor people STILL in the city -- hungry, sick, thirsty, hot and hopeless. It is such a tragedy and makes me feel so grateful and a little bit guilty for the simple things that I do have.

Thanks again so much. I wish I could find enough words to tell you all what your help really means.

You dang bunch of apostates!! You will know them by their works!! Hahaha

Love you guys!!!!

Marla

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I have to second Marla's comments y'all. You are the most generous, kind, and unconditional people I've ever met. I am so proud to be part of this community. Last night I had several people drop clothes, food, emergency supplies, cash...just after a long hard day of work and fighting traffic. Nina brought dinner and I think is providing dinner again tonight. There is still more need as these two girls are having to start completely over. I have people that are personally shipping me clothing for them as well as another person wanting to send a check, which I will turn over to Marla and Dee once received. You guys are truly just amazing people!!!

If you are still interested in helping, you can send money via paypal. Her email address is [email protected] and her name is Marla Watt. If you don't have a credit card and you'd like to send a check, you can send it in her name to my address. If you are interested in doing that then PM me and I will give her the check to cash.

Like Marla said, "You dang bunch of apostates!! You will know them by their works!! Hahaha."

You guys rock!!!

Marla, I have more cash and supplies I picked up today for you. Let's arrange another hand off!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit