Where is the outrage?

by schne_belly 41 Replies latest jw friends

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I was thinking last night that Bush has the best excuse for getting out of Iraq: The US NEEDs the troups at home to recover from Katrina-bitch. The US NEEDs the money being sent to Iraq at home for US Citizens to recover from Katrina-bitch. But do you think the (idiot) President will see it?

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes
    First of all, why would there be "outrage", except at the US governments response?

I am so angry at the US government. Four days after this tragedy and they can't drop bottled water off even?? I don't understand it.

As far as I have heard, there still is no water to drink, no food, and dead bodies all over the Superdome.

I am sickened by the ones who are shooting the choppers..........I think the ones who are shooting the choppers there to help them should be shot. I am sorry for being so blunt but it is the majority that are shooting or a select group, I have no clue really .

The ones who are shooting , get shot, they are out of the way to save the children, the elderly, the innocent citizens who want to follow the law.

Good God!!

• blondie
    blondie

I was listening to a professor who works with evaucation plans in the US and he said that the only nationwide plan are evaucation plans around nuclear plants. Otherwise they are developed at the local level and if they feel they need help, then they ask the federal government for it. These layers of bureaucracy slow things down as well as trying to coordinate the many areas offering help.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Can the US military beat the NewOrleans GangBangers?

Why is law and order not happening down there? Are they afraid to shot the thugs shooting at the choppers? Too many innocent people in the way?

Is Marshal Law declared for sure down there? Why are they not going in there with SWAT teams, whatever to help the ones who are trapped by what happened with the storm and the thugs?

• Valis
    Valis

Hey Lyin...hope you folks are doing well...I totally agree that whoever is carrying around guns and shooting at emergency personell should be shot on site period. If they are looting ANYTHING other than food or water the should be shot on site period. There is little room for evil people right now and taking them out of the equation should be top priority.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

WASHINGTON - In a dramatic turnabout, the United States is now on the receiving end of help from around the world as some two dozen countries offer post-hurricane assistance.

snip

However, in Moscow, a Russian official said the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency had rejected a Russian offer to dispatch rescue teams and other aid.

snip

Offers have been received from Russia, Japan, Canada, France, Honduras, Germany, Venezuela, Jamaica, Australia, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Greece, Hungary, Colombia, the Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Mexico, China, South Korea, Israel, the United Arab Emirates, NATO and the Organization of American States, the spokesman said.

snip

Still, Bush told ABC-TV: “I’m not expecting much from foreign nations because we hadn’t asked for it. I do expect a lot of sympathy and perhaps some will send cash dollars. But this country’s going to rise up and take care of it.”

“You know,” he said, “we would love help, but we’re going to take care of our own business as well, and there’s no doubt in my mind we’ll succeed. And there’s no doubt in my mind, as I sit here talking to you, that New Orleans is going to rise up again as a great city.”

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9161198/

• jgnat
    jgnat

Today is Alberta's 100th birthday. I heard our Canadian Prime Minister speak this afternoon. Before congratulating us on our landmark day, he spoke of the hurricane disaster. He has talked to GWB and said, "Whatever you need, just ask, we will be there." Believe it. I am not sleeping well, I have nightmares about what is happening in New Orleans, the suffering that continues. I am looking for small ways to make a difference, though I am far away. It is the only thing I can think to do. Here's an article that outlines how we supported America through 911. It grieves me deeply to think that some Americans believe they are alone in the world. We are your allies. http://www.onphilanthropy.com/onthescene/os2001-11-12b.html

• JH
    JH

The US is a superpower outside it's borders...because it uses most of it's resources far from home.

It's an offensive power, and when trouble occurs within it's borders, it's as vulnerable as any other country.

People from the outside will eventually help when they realize the misory.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Just heard our national news. Australia has offered an expert team experienced in natural disasters which we have had plenty of experience with. We call hurricanes cyclones down here....

I don't reckon the world realises the shear enormity of this disaster

• free2beme
    free2beme

Wont see anything, the world hates us, but loves our money. If we did as they did, we would be scorned and called hateful. Time to bring our troops home, close our borders and work on missle defense ... if you ask me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit