I quit smoking, wish me luck

by dedpoet 16 Replies latest jw friends

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Yesterday I quit smoking. Its something I have been thinking of trying for a while, and I finally got round to it. It was a tough day and a sleepless night, I probably had a couple of hours, and I am under no illusions about today being any easier. I am trying to do it "cold turkey", so wish me luck, I 'll keep you all posted with my progress.

• under74
    under74

good luck!

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Every smoker I know thinks I am weird because I can quit smoking and not feel withdrawals........I sometimes smoke a cig a day.....sometimes I don't. Sometimes cig smoke makes me ill. If I smoked everyday even, I would make myself quit. I kind of see it as someone who smokes the occasional cigar.....maybe with a drink or something.

But most smokers I know hurt real bad at first , so good luck and you made it this far, if you go back that painful day would be in vain.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Break a leg. Smoked for nearly 20 years, smoke free only the last four. Wish you well

• Es
    Es

all the best depoet

es

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

My best friend gave up on Monday. He hasn't had one since.

I wish you both luck...or should that be... strength.

Chris

• vitty
    vitty

Just try to remember no matter how bad you feel, it will get better and then stop completely.

I gave up 20 years ago but still remember waking up in the morning and crying to my husband "when will I stop feeling like this"

Give it 2 weeks and the worst WILL be over. Then you need to be strong for the next 6 weeks

Goodluck

• jaredg
    jaredg

good luck!! i'm quiting too. i haven't had a cig since Aug. 12th.

• delilah
    delilah

I wish you the best of luck. My husband has quit twice before, for two years both times. He's tried the patch again, and is trying to quit once more. He drives truck, and it's stressful for him, so I know ONE day he'll quit again......I never took up the habit, thank goodness.

Delilah

• horrible life
    horrible life

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! YOU HAVE TAKEN A HUGE STEP TOWARD BETTER HEALTH!!!!!!!!!

Please hang in there. You can do it. Cold Turkey, they say is the best way. Don't feel weak if you need gum or the patch, or any other new aid they have out. I have been "clean" for 3 1/2 years.

jaredg Congratulations to you too!!!!!! 2 weeks!!!!! I remember my 2 week point. I felt happy that I had done it. HL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit