Popes cousin a witness. Pope praises witnesses.

by PaNiCAtTaCk 17 Replies latest jw friends

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

My father-in-law is a dyed-in-the-fool dubby, not a rising-star type, but a happy-to-be-a-cog type. He has often rattled off "conversations" that he's had out in service that sound exactly like a Service Meeting demonstration. I can't prove these things didn't happen, but I know they didn't happen to me when I was a dub. Or anyone I was with. Certainly not with the regularity that they happen to him.

So it makes me believe that people hear what they want to hear. Did the Pope say "You're doing the work we should be doing"? Or did he say, "You're doing a preaching work, that's good. We should all share our faith." My father-in-law would happily translate one to the other.

So it appears that in addition to the JW lens through which they see the world, there is also a JW Babel Fish through which they hear.

Dave

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Someone musta been missing out on reading the board - this has already been done; just yesterday..

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/14/97475/1.ashx

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Pope .... Babylon the grape .... Brownnosing JW-ism? Hmm. Dog sniffing dogbutt? That's what it sounds like, but I highly doubt it is anything other than a friendly call from a very happy proud El Papa (The Pope) to a childhood friend and cousin.

I saw the photo'd article but this was easier to read.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

The JW I studied with liked to boast about visiting my local Catholic priest, who naughtily used to use Watchtower articles in his sermons. What a load of rubbish - obvious distortion of conversations. People give JWs occasional patronising compliments so as not to offend or out of sympathy, and the JWs build them up into something else.

If the pope is who and what they claim, why would they wish to publicise his comments? They obviously respect the papacy, they've been building a cpy of it for 80 years or more.

• willy_think
    willy_think

So let me get this straight,

Satan's right hand man said the JW are great and should keep up the good work.....how encouraging....or maybe he is God's man and all is well....i'm so confused...

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I dunno... *shakes head slowly* ... I see a joke in this somewhere...

kinda goes like... "Is the Pope Catholic?"

then ends like... "Is the Pope's cousin a JW?"

you get the drift.

Regards,

Jim TX

• badboy
    badboy

WITH PRAISE LIKE THIS,WHO NEEDS JEHOVAH BLESSING?

• badboy
    badboy

DOES THIS PRAISE HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE FACT HE IS THE ARCHANGEL MICHAEL AKA JESUS CHRIST

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit