Dubs Pimp Katrina

by Valis 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Valis
    Valis

Well they certainly didn't waste any time using this disaster to their own twisted advantage...They stuck this on their home page with a quickness

http://www.watchtower.org/library/g/2003/8/8/article_01.htm

Perfect Weather Control

In God's new world, people will not have to fear having their home or crops wiped out by freakish storms. (2 Peter 3:13) The Bible makes it clear that God and his Son, Jesus Christ, are fully capable of controlling the weather. Consider the following texts.

• Exodus 14:21: "Jehovah began making the sea go back by a strong east wind all night long and converting the sea basin into dry ground, and the waters were being split apart."
    • 1 Samuel 12:18: "Samuel called to Jehovah, and Jehovah proceeded to give thunders and rain on that day, so that all the people were greatly in fear of Jehovah and of Samuel."
    • Jonah 1:4: "Jehovah himself hurled forth a great wind at the sea, and there came to be a great tempest on the sea; and as for the ship, it was about to be wrecked."
    • Mark 4:39: "With that he [Jesus, empowered by God] roused himself and rebuked the wind and said to the sea: 'Hush! Be quiet!' And the wind abated, and a great calm set in."
  • undercover
    undercover

That link to the weather article wasn't on the home page this morning. So they have updated their home page today.

Like you said, they're twisting this disaster to their advantage. These guys aren't any better than the assholes who sell bags of ice at inflated prices to victims at the site of the disaster.

• Honesty
    Honesty

bttt

• Satanus
    Satanus

Cheap, cheap shots by the wt.

S

• luna2
    luna2

What's amazing to me is that once I would have thought this was comforting information...certainly of no practical benefit to people in the midst of a disaster, but enlightening for those wondering why these horrible things happen worldwide and what our loving heavenly father ultimately intends for his human children.

Sometimes I wonder what happened to my brain for so many years.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes
    Well they certainly didn't waste any time using this disaster to their own twisted advantage...They stuck this on their home page with a quickness

What they have a homepage?? What about the dangers of the internet??

When I was a witness I had quite a few , other elders wives, pioneers tell me that having the internet was just asking for trouble, good JW's shouldnt even surf the net.......too much trash........yeah they were right , JW trash.

This is just sickening.........they play on peoples emotions and catastrophies.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Witness pimp all natural disasters. Talking points! Remember? What ever it takes to get someone to listen.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

LOWER THAN LOW! Even for the WTS.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Surely telling people that god can control the weather is shooting themselves in the foot, because anyones first question is going to be:

"if he can control the weather why the f**k didnt he???"

I dont see how that kind of clap trap is going to make anyone a big fan of gods right now.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Cross posting this from another thread:

Notice from jw-aid website:

As announced at our congregation  Kingdom Halls destroyed: 8 Kingdom Halls damaged: 23
     A Disaster Relief Committee (DRC)is coordinating the relief effort. Convoys with relief supplies are already on their  way.”
     Also here is a notice on the official WTS web site.   The “embed page” function is not working, so here’s the link:
    http://www.jw-media.org/newsroom/index.htm?content=/region/americas/usa/english/releases/humanitarian/usa_e050901.htm
    Summary/update from the other thread (appalling lack of humanitarianism thread):
    JWs from Florida set up their own web site  www.jw-aid.com . 
    They put up a message board which was taken down very shortly after it was put up. 
    There was a link to the Red Cross, not for donations, but to let people know the RC has a 'find your lost loved one' program.
    Another poster said the link has been removed and replaced with a direct link to donate to the WTS.
    Honesty (poster) is saying they are announcing not to mark your donations to be used for relief efforts, but to say it's for the
    worldwide work so the bros can 'use it at their own discretion'.
    "Pimping" indeed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit