Do any white people live in New Orleans?

by sonnyboy 24 Replies latest jw friends

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

I've never been there myself, but every single person being shown on the news is black. Wading through the streets, stranded on rooftops, etc. I'm not sure if the media is just focusing on certain areas of New Orleans or if it's a predominantly African American city.

The only footage I've seen other than this has been Mardi Gras and that consists mostly of tourists.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Yes , there are white people there, but there is a great number of so many ethnic mixes there. There are many darker skinned people there who are cajuns, French, mixed black and white, and some of my people.....American Indians.

• Bryan
    Bryan

I believe the majority in New Orleans is Black, I believe about 45% are white or other... I believe.

I think it was just bad judgement for those people, other than the elderly, to not take head to the warnings and go to the Superdome.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

White people are the minority there, just as in the town I was from. It was a 60/40 split where I grew up, New Orleans has an even lower percentage of "caucasian" people, that's one of the reasons the culture there is so rich.

• Dimples
    Dimples

Check out this web site, you may find some answers here. http://neworleans.areaconnect.com/statistics.htm

DIMPLES

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Pretty much just Bryan, and his wife and kiddo. Maybe a token few others. :-D

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

LMAO @ Sixy

Oh you forgot my Aunt Merita , my cousin David,, and they are very white, mostly Irish. Blonde and red hair, and blue eyes.....

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Are they stoners? Cuz there'd be my tokin' few!

*preemptive groan*

• Valis
    Valis

My friend Pam lives in the Gretna? area. Still haven't heard from her and she was stubborn and would not leave...

• horrible life
    horrible life

OK, This is half way off thread. I want to ask about people. Dead People. Are the coffins coming out of the ground, floating away? I heard that they expected it before it hit. Nothing since. Has anybody heard? Disease is going to be rampant. It looks like a Third World Country down there. HL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit