Do you like who you are?

by damselfly 33 Replies latest jw friends

• arwen
    arwen

I am not sure who I am right now but whoever I am I think I like me. I have a fabulous sense of humour, almost crazy at times. I tend to be shy at first as I doubt myself alot and I hate making quick decisions but I am working on that.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Yes, I like me and so does everyone who knows me, even when I'm a pain in the ass.

Which is most of the time.

W

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I love me. but not comfortably enough to not try to be a better person all of the time. I think I could improve on a lot. The more I improve the more desolate it gets. Ya know.

People don't often like change I have succeeded in some improvements, and some, I see, sometimes do not matter to other people,..

I still love me.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Essentially yes. I know have great things to offer to people. I have a fairly decent level of intelligence. I like to think I can help people. I have occasional tantrums which are over in a few minutes. I cry in sad movies. If I am not having a tanty or crying I am laughing all day long. Life is good to me especially now - I have the freedom to be me. I have enjoyed discovering who I am.

• Nellie
    Nellie

Yes, I do. And unlike others, I am grateful for the WBTS for helping create the me I am today. Left on my own devices, I believe I would have followed the examples of those around me - specifically, underage drinking, smoking, sexual activity, lack of focus or concern for the future. These are not stereotypes, but the reality of my family and neighborhood!

I accept that I am NOT the average exJW - I feel deceived and lied to - but I do not regret who I am (or what I was). I accept that when I believed, I believed (although I always had doubts). And I always believed that a person should have the right to decide NOT to believe. I always believed and challenged others to show me the Truth. When I saw the "truth" about the "Truth." I did what I always said I would - I changed my beliefs.

My beliefs, however, didn't change the person I am. I am who I always was ... friendly, outgoing, flirtatious, sexy, warm, loving, honest, committed to my family, helpful to my community, funny and loyal. (I have other qualities too, but who wants to talk about the bad stuff ! )

• delilah
    delilah

For the most part, YES, I do like who I am. I'm kind, generous, loving, giving,caring. I think of others first, almost to a fault sometimes. I know now, since leaving the borganization, that I am a good person, and that I am loveable, and worthy. That I do the best that I can, and it's acceptable. I realize that I am not SUPERWOMAN, or SUPERMOM, but, dammit, I'm working on it!!!!!.

There a lot of things that I am working on, to better myself, but hey! I've come a long way, and I'm proud of ME. I'm learning to let go of the past, and get on with living. I'm learning to be happy, there is LIFE after the borg.

Delilah

• devinsmom
    devinsmom

Yes, if you dont like who you are then you cant expect anyone else to like you!

-April

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I love who I am. I never been anyone different. I have always been out spoken, smartass(seriously IQ of 140+), and I say what I want when i want. Some people don't get it at first. I make the shy person stunned and in a few minutes they are comfortable with me to joke around.

I have good days and Bad like most people. However, I don't hate the real ME. I hate what is around it whatever it may be. My Looks, People(Mainly), Hair(bad hair day) ect...

Never Hate who you are...It is what you have...So use it!

Brooke

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I was born with a "weird" personality... I guess "eccentric". All I know is that I don't think like 99.9% of the population. This results in my finding it very difficult to relate to most people. Sometimes someone will try really hard to understand me and to work around my weirdness...

I just wish I was the kind of person who was "good" at people. There are some people like that... they can hit it off with just about anyone. That is what I wish I was.

• damselfly
    damselfly
    All I know is that I don't think like 99.9% of the population. This results in my finding it very difficult to relate to most people.

Welcome to my life. I understand other people and have empathy for them, but sometimes I just don't know what I'm supposed to do. It takes me a long time to figure out what my relationship with people will be. I find myself feeling stunned as they are trying to have a conversation with me. Are they being friendly? passing time? what do I do next? do they expect an answer or a comment?

**sigh**

typing is easier some days

Dams

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit