Is there anything we can do to "Lower Gas Prices"?

by JH 25 Replies latest jw friends

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I've thought of getting a group organized with:

1. A farmer who can grow corn.

2. A machine to process the oil into diesel.

3. The group then buys the fuel from the farmer directly, without interference from the state or energy corps.

I think any way that people can develope their own self sufficient ways and means to bypass "the system" would help.

• talesin
    talesin

Yes,

Stop being so ego-centric and wasting energy.

Walk or take public transportation instead of driving (when you can).

Buy economical vehicles.

Lobby your politicians for eco-friendly alternatives, and live what you preach.

Buy goods that are made from petroleum-free products, and yes, it takes a bit of research, but if you really want to make a difference, you will take a few minutes and "Google" to educate yourself about what is the best choice you can make.

Demand a change in the economic system, instead of sitting around bitching about politicians to your friends and doing nothing.

Spend your dollars LOCAL and think GLOBAL.

Buy what you need, and not what you are being sold as the latest 'cool' thing. Do you really NEED a 4 wheel drive gas guzzler? Get over yourself, and realize that who you are is cool, not just what you drive. And yeah, if you are into muscle cars or whatever, that's cool, just don't make it your primary means of transportation.

Finally, realize that WE are not just consumers, we are individuals, and they cannot dictate to us what we need. We KNOW what we really NEED. Be an individual and stand up for what you know is right.

Make your votes count when election time comes around, and even if your candidate is not elected, be a vocal thorn in the side of the ruling party.

tal

• avishai
    avishai
    I've thought of getting a group organized with:

1. A farmer who can grow corn.

2. A machine to process the oil into diesel.

3. The group then buys the fuel from the farmer directly, without interference from the state or energy corps.

I think any way that people can develope their own self sufficient ways and means to bypass "the system" would help

I agree, and/or convert your diesel to a vegtable oil burning diesel. That is if you can get people t start buying diesels. You can even get your fuel at Mcdonalds. Here's a place that can convert your diesel to a one tank system and burn basiically anything. http://www.elsbett.com/engl/index.htm

• Dimples
    Dimples

Here you go.....

DIMPLES

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

LOL @ the horse and buggy. I swear I thought this might be the way to go. But,,,,,you would get ran over for sure,,,,,people now days are in too big a hurry to wait on a horse to gets it's arse out of the way.

Thank goodness I can still ride a horse thou, ya never know what ya might have to do......

• Soledad
    Soledad

I don't know about the horse and buggy thing. Eventually you gotta feed the horse right?

• JH
    JH

This morning gas cost $1.064 a litre here in my town, and now it went up to $1.344 a litre.

a hike of 28 cents a litre or about $1 a gallon

Yes, $1 a gallon hike in 1 day.

Now gas here costs $1.344 a litre or $6.12 a gallon (Imperial) or $5.08 for an American gallon.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes, oil now costs as much as milk to put in the tank. We are "feeding" our hungry machines.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

On the radio this morning the DJ made this suggestion:

Everyone should go to the gas station tomorrow and buy exactly $6.21 worth of gas to send a message to the companies. The numbers, when converted to letters of the alphabet, are FU.

W

• JH
    JH

I was just wondering how much a horse costs and how much food it takes for it to do a mile?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit