What is the Watchtower doing right NOW to help those affected by Katrina?

by truthseeker 8 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

While driving to work this morning, I heard on the radio that people had opened their homes to complete strangers, community centres and churches were providing shelter for the homeless.

What is the Watchtower doing?

• upside/down
    upside/down

Helping "their own"...of course.

You do know that the AWAKE will run an article.... How only the JW's showed neighborly love...even stooping so low as to help "worldly" people and that they were first on the scene with trucks full of literature (what the people really need) and that this is PROOF that they are the one and only true religion...

u/d(of the they sound like CNN class)

• blondie
    blondie

Checking to make sure they have a long record of faithful service.

Helping them fill out the forms for government aid.

Fulfilling the roles of the priest and Levite, not the good Samaritan.

Blondie

• skyman
    skyman

They will be knights in shinning armor to their own.

• anewme
    anewme

I imagine they are calling upon the local congregations to mobilize relief for the congregations in New Orleans, Biloxi and Mississippi.
    After I split from my ex a terrible wind storm blew over his house taking 1/2 of his roof off. Rain poured in and ruined alot of stuff.
    The congregation came together and re-roofed his house for free and re-carpeted and put in new linoleum.
    They have taken very good care of their brother.
    For this I am grateful to them.

• delilah
    delilah

I imagine they'll do about the same as they did for 911.....what did they do again? For the people? Other then their own??????

Delilah

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

whatever it is they do..no matter how much...im sure those on this board will criticize them somehow.. dont get me wrong!- i hate many of the things of the WT as many hear know.. but i think it is lame to critizize a group for helping out their own and others

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs
    but i think it is lame to critizize a group for helping out their own and others

no....it's lame when they help only their own...and make themselves to be saints.

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

helping out anyone is never lame.. making yourself a saint is lame using the word lame is lame

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit