they called me to identify the body

by kittyeatzjdubs 16 Replies latest jw friends

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

that's what a friend of mine here at work told me last week....this is very fishy sounding to me...

i found the obituary of the victim in the paper. it appears he had family and was living with them. why the heck would the morgue call her on her cell phone at 6 in the morning to come identify the body? in this situation, the family of the victim is contacted, correct? not the person that they were supposedly hanging w/ that night.

she also took a whole week off from work to attend the funeral. and whenever i called her to comfort her...she was just drunk. she also informed me the day before the alleged incident, that she had just scored a bunch of xanax pills.

so what i think is going on is that she just happened to run across some poor persons obituary in the paper over the weekend, and decided to use it to get week off. this may sound harsh, but u must understand. i have known this girl since 3rd grade, and she has a history of making up extravagent stories to get people's attention.

example: for years she spoke ill of her aunt and uncle because they supposedly neglected their daughter who is "sick and dying of cystic fibrosis." (i've seen the child many times and she shows no signs whatsoever of the illness. our neighbor's son had CF and believe me...the child in question had nothing in common with him.) so as soon as these neglectful parents give her free room and board b/c her landlord kicked her out for delinquent payments...she was singing their praises left and right! ''they're such great people! oh they're so much fun! yaddayaddayadda''

i don't know. maybe she did know the victim and really did attend the funeral. maybe she just threw in the identifying the body part for extra sympathy. i don't know. but i am going to pay more attention to details next time she starts telling me things of this nature.

what do u guys think? do u smell a rat?

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

It sounds to me like she has a serious problem with alcohol and drugs. Maybe she knew the person who died. But it sounds like an excuse to use.

Keep track of her, she man need treatment. Job intervention.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Even if she did identify the body, sounds like the girl has issues. Sounds to me like she made it up, though.

GBL

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

i mean...99.9% of the time...the contact family correct? from the obituary in the paper, it seemed that this person was very tight with his family...

has anyone ever heard of a situation where the call a friend before a family member?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Co-worker, not a subordinate, right? Take all she says with a grain of salt. Don't spread your doubts too widely around the office, let your co-workers come to their own conclusions. The sharp ones will pick up that you're not trusting her anyways. Don't lend her your SUV for the weekend.

You don't want her accusing you of "persecuting" you or creating a hostile working environment. Don't give her any excuse for more "drama".

• Mary
    Mary

Speaking from experience, the morgue does NOT call a "friend" to identify the body when someone dies----they contact the family. Plus, it's not even the morgue that generally contacts you, it's the police. So I'd say there's a 99.9% chance that your co-worker is a liar, and not a very good one at that.

she also took a whole week off from work to attend the funeral.

This is another dead give away that she's lying. By law, the family members are allowed only 3 days of bereavement when a family member dies (at least around here), and this does not apply to "friends" of the family. I'm amazed her boss allowed her to take a whole week off for this. Did the boss not question her at all??

and whenever i called her to comfort her...she was just drunk. she also informed me the day before the alleged incident, that she had just scored a bunch of xanax pills.

Sorry, but I've never even heard of xanax pills, but I'll assume that this is a street drug.........sounds like your 'friend' is a pathological liar, an alcoholic and a druggie. I'd either report her or steer clear completely.

• Scully
    Scully

Mary:

xanax pills, but I'll assume that this is a street drug

Nope. Xanax is a prescription sedative/anti-anxiety medication (alprazolam). To use them with alcohol is extremely stupid and downright dangerous. A person can probably buy them on the street, but the mark-up would be astronomical. It's cheaper to have 2 or 3 clinics on the go and get new prescriptions and have them filled online.

Sounds like the person is in serious need of an intervention.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Wow, thats amazing. My partner has been looking for how to get a week off work, and I think you may have produced the answer.

All I could think of was: food poisoning (2 days max); stomach upset (everyone uses that one); shin splints (huh?) chicken pox (you need a doctors note)...

... but 'they called me to identify the body and now ive been drunk for a week' - genius!

(yes, I smell a rat)

• Scully
    Scully

katiekitten:

My partner has been looking for how to get a week off work

Well, in Canada we have these things called "vacation". You are entitled to a certain amount of vacation time per year, depending on the labour laws, or union contracts. You arrange with your employer to take time off (some people opt to take one week at a go, others take the whole lot at once) and voilĂ , you get a paid week off work.

You Brits should really look into getting benefits like that.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

oh it gets better and better!!!!

she was talking to me today about the accident, and i got her to tell me where, who, and how.

her story? it happened on I-55 headed north, a semi and and a deully truck were involved (which both contained cops, b/c apparently the cops were after these two) and the car flipped 9 times...FRONT TO BACK....not side to side....is that even physically possible??? for a car to flip front to back only???... 9 times in a row???

so then i researched for about 30 minutes and found the article online.

http://www.godesoto.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=8085&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

the article says that the accident happened IN FRONT OF A HOME!!!! i live in desoto county and i know exactly where it is they're talking about and it is NOWHERE near the interstate!!! and the rest of her story just sounds like a made up load of crock.

OOOOOOOOOOO THIS JUST BURNS ME UP!!!!

so do i turn her in or let it go?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit