If you were paid to be an active JW, would you accept?

by JH 28 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Even if you don't believe in what you'd preach, would you accept being a JW in return for a salary?

Why not?

• damselfly
    damselfly

No. It would be hypocripsy for me to do so. I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

Dams

• JH
    JH

People do all sorts of work they hate in return for a salary....

• jgnat
    jgnat

I once was shown a basement apartment that was offered at a screamingy low monthly rent. $100 a month. I turned it down. The ceilings were a claustrophobic 6.5 feet high, and I had to duck to get in to the kitchen. I was there ten minutes and every nerve in my body was screaming to get out.

Some things are just not worth the money saved (or gained).

• Honesty
    Honesty

I would be making a pact with Satan. So, NO THANKS.

• jgnat
    jgnat

...and about the job? I would never stay where I am not happy. I keep my resume polished and up-to-date. Nevertheless, I have just earned my twenty year pin. I figure I was smart enough to move around (internally) as soon as the job got boring.

I have worked with people who are there only for the paycheque. They should do us all a favour and move on.

• alreadygone
    alreadygone

yup there isn't much I won't do for money

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

There isn't enough money around for me to do that again, and I might get someone interested in the lie. I wouldn't want that on my concience, so no thanks

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i would.. i'm desperate for finances so that i can afford a car to get to see my kids more often.

theres a lot of distasteful things that i'd do for money at this point.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Yes I would. Then I'll get disfellowshipped as soon as I make about 400 K.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit