Went to a viewing at a Catholic Church...not what I expected

by PaintedToeNail 15 Replies latest jw friends

• zeb
    zeb

KH notice boards.

A member was after any photos anyone had of the time when the kh was built and put up a notice asking said people to phone.

The notice was promptly removed by one of the 'dragon-class' as she said' it wasnt theocratic'. Well thank goodness for that it might have revealed bros and sisters eating biscuits and drinking tea.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF
    The Catholic church claims that it is the biggest charity organization on the planet.I haven't researched that claim, but I heard it on a radio ad.
  • innerpeace
    innerpeace
    I had the same exact feelings when I went to a mass recently, they had someone read a letter from a charity explaining the need for donations, it was around the holidays. They then passed a basket around and if you were able to donate great, if not that was fine too, it wasn't pressured in the least.  I was impressed that they were doing this for the community. Then later during the mass they had everyone shake hands with the people you are sitting next to and say 'peace be with you'. I thought it to be a pleasant experience, it was definitely much more positive than I was lead to believe growing up.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

TTWSYF - "The Catholic church claims that it is the biggest charity organization on the planet."

Probably true, actually, simply by virtue of being such a large organization overall.

• Simon
    Simon

The only time I've been to any Catholic event was a christening and I had no idea how it worked. The priest says something and then everyone seems to repeat it like a chant.

It scared the bejeezus out of me 'cause I wasn't expecting it!

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

millie210-You are right, I can't imagine the GB allowing child abuse info to be posted anywhere in the KH. The head in the sand approach is more their style.

JWdaughter-I've been a few Gothic and Renaissance churches in Germany and Austria...they were stunningly beautiful and gaudy. I loved them! I wanted to go into every old church I came across, but the JW relatives wouldn't, they felt very uncomfortable. 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit