At home recuperating from my surgery

by Dimples 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Dimples
    Dimples

Hi All,

I had the surgery on Friday and I am doing well.http://www.spine-health.com/topics/surg/overview/cervical/cerv03.html

Just really sore but able to walk and get around the house. The neck brace is the killer, I was itching and broke out in a rash. My husband wrapped the areas that touched my skin and I am doing better. Sleeping with the neck brace on is a bummer, I have to keep it on all the time except when I shower. I want to thank all of you for your well wishes, as the surgery went really well. The Doc told me that the ruptured disc that he removed from my neck that was pressing on my spine was HUGE! He said it was 3 times larger than he expected. No wonder I was in extreme pain. Anyway, all the pain in my shoulder and arm is now gone I am healing and feeling better every day. Thanks so much for all of the support and kind words, they really helped me get through this.

Hugs and Kisses, Muah...

DIMPLES

• mouthy
    mouthy

SEE THIS is the GOOD NEWS I wait to hear. Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Taake it easy dont over do it. Thank Hubby from me for being a good caring bloke (HUG)

• Dimples
    Dimples

Thanks Mouthy,

The hubby has been great! I don't know what I would do without him. He is waiting on me hand and foot. He is helping me shower, changing my dressings, making sure I use my breathing machine and getting my meds. What a wonderful guy I have! (wipes tear from eye). I just love my sweetie pie!I will take it easy mouthy and thanks for the post!

Hugs

DIMPLES

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

I'm so glad to hear that you're on the road to a speedy recovery and that already the pain is gone. Yay!!!

• Dimples
    Dimples

kgreeperson,

I too am glad that the pain is gone, it has been going on for way to long! Thanks for your post!

Hugs

DIMPLES

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Dimples, I didn't know you had major surgery. Health and well-being issues are really important to me. I'm glad you're doing so well. :)

• Dimples
    Dimples

Thanks Cygnus, Your well wishes mean a lot to me!

Hugs

DIMPLES

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Hey Dimples - read that link - sounds very complicated and eina. Hope you recover fully. Wonderful to hear that hubby is caring so lovingly for you. All the best.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Feel better soon! The FTD® Basket Of Cheer® Bouquet

• outnfree
    outnfree

((Dimples)),

So nice to hear that you've sailed through surgery and are on the mend! It's great to know your surgery is a success. Yes, the neck brace is a bother, but you have your hubby's support and you can always contemplate the alternative--that previously debiliting pain that is now gone, gone, gone!

Keep well!

outnfree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit