WT Prays for LA Storm victims

by JT 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Ya got me, you dog! I was thinking, "Wow, that sounds awfully atypical, weird..." Then the punch line!

Many JW's believe that if a person dies prior to Armageddon that they almost automatically qualify for a ressurection. (That's not official Watchtower policy, is it?) So instead of hoping they live, I can bet there are some JW's quietly hoping their non-JW friends and family die, knowing a ressurection and a better chance to convince them to serve Jehovah would result.

Yick. Have I mentioned lately how glad I am to be out from under all that crap?

Dave

• Sassy
    Sassy

well at least WE know better than to think they care at all about any non dubs....

• undercover
    undercover
    This morning at Brooklyn Bethel, Patterson and WT Farms the Governing Body offered a prayer in behalf of all of the citizens in the LA area. That Jehovah provide the needed protection for all citizens who will be impacted.

LOL...good one...

Actually they're probably already getting their "disaster relief" funding skills ready...time to fleece all the other JWs throughout the country. They'll get JWs to give to the WTS relief fund which will go to repair Kingdom Halls and buy new materials for JW homes(but they'll be expected to repay later). It's a sneaky way for them to feed off the human kindness of others who want to help, by making them think that they are giving to the organization best suited to help out "God's people".

• POs Son
    POs Son

I remember taking shelter at the Hall when I was a kid during a hurricane. I wonder how many dubs failed to heed the warnings of Caesar when they were told to evacuate the city. Suppose the kindgom halls are filled?
    Brothers, the book study will not be cancelled.

• undercover
    undercover
    I remember taking shelter at the Hall when I was a kid during a hurricane. I wonder how many dubs failed to heed the warnings of Caesar when they were told to evacuate the city.

I remember as a kid that KHs were supposed to be a place of refuge during natural disasters and the upcoming battle of Armageddon. But it seems that I remember somwhere along the line, the WTS started to distance themselves from that strategy. They started telling us that it was just a building and that being there during the wrong time would not save us from danger. Anyone else remember that?

• Honesty
    Honesty

I was contemplating the same thing this morning about 4 A.M.; the Christians were praying yesterday (Sunday) for all those affected by the hurricane and relief efforts that were started 3 or 4 days ago when it became apparent the storm would hit the gulf coast. Then I thought of the world wide cult of JW's that I used to be a devoted member of and how they would be directed to send only financial aid to the WTBTS so the efforts could be organised and implemented to do the most good. Then I remembered Hurricane Andrew and how the JW relief effort really was implemented. Rebuild the KH's and JW's homes if they were 'in good standing' by volunteers and then throw a sip of water or two at all the walking dead in South Florida. Once again, the Watchtower will fill its coffers from preying on the emotions of its victims, the average JW who will honestly believe the cult will direct sincere relief efforts to the affected areas just like they said they would do in December 2004.

• Shining One
    Shining One

Christians are indeed mobilized. The Salvation Army is going to feed 400,000 and the Southern Baptists are all ready to go in, when the authorities let them.

http://www.sbcbaptistpress.org/bpnews.asp?ID=21486

Rex

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

If anyone is thinking of giving to charities to help victims of Katrina, the Better Business Bureau has a list of organizations that carry their seal of approval.

http://www.give.org/seal/participants.asp

Of course, not all charities on their list have a direct link to providing relief for hurricane victims, but there are some that do.

You will notice WTBTS and JWs missing from their list.

It is so sad that there are people who would take advantage of a disaster to prey upon others, whether it be financially, emotionally, or spiritually. (I can hear my sister-in-law already, "It's the Great Tribulation...." Every disaster since the Gulf War to 9/11 - it's all the Great Tribulation!)

• sf
    sf
    It is so sad that there are people who would take advantage of a disaster to prey upon others, whether it be financially, emotionally, or spiritually.

Yes, truly it is pathetic what is going on with the looters. We can add WTBTS/ JWS to the list, as SPIRITUAL LOOTERS.

sKally

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

Since prayers are "so powerful," why don't those who pray pray that such disasters don't happen in the future? It would save a lot of misery. Why wait until it happens. Be proactive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit