Does Disfellowshipping "Incite Hatred", Which Is Against The Law?

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

I'm a busy man...I don't have time to read the entire thread...

• minimus
    minimus

Of course. DY must be busy too.

• undercover
    undercover

okay...I've skimmed the thread...(happy, dot?)

The WTS loves to talk out of both sides of their mouth don't they? I think if you talked to John Doe Publisher though, he's going to say that hating the person is wrong....this is where even the WTS isn't able to overcome what the Bible says about loving your neighbor.

I guess you could use some of these quotes to try to get someone to try to see the hypocrisy of the WTS.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

There's a lot of people that hate other people here in the United States, Minimus. That is perfectly apparent with the KKK, the JDL, and the ACLU. Lots of people don't like what other people say, and they don't like what other people do. The problem is: you can't shut up one buncha people, unless you violate the rights of the others. People wanna say "Hey! You can't say that about Jewish <gay, Indian, Pakistani, etc.> people! That's OFFENSIVE!" Anything anyone says in this country is going to be offensive to someone!

What I find interesting is that the people that want to shush up Hate Speech, you know.. the guys that believe that all whites have a silent conspiracy to have all blacks, mexicans, immigants, to the bottom of the pile are the first ones to try to silent those that have a problem with it!

Our country was built on Freedom of Speech. We may not AGREE with it, we may not WANT it, but we sure as hell call it when it benefits us.

The Witnesses have freedom of religion. However, when that religion interferes with the lives of people that have no say.. children, that's where it becomes bad. We, as a country, have the absolute right abd OBLIGATION to protect those that have no say...

CG

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Irregardless of freedom of religion principles, something much more serious is at risk.

If you can remember, in recent news, certain credit card vendors, auto & home loan brokers and others in the rental and financial industry were found to have been guilty of using of using "predatory" business tactics to lure unsuspecting new customers, especially in the minority communities.

What does this have to do with JW & disfellowshipping? Well, the victims of those predatory business tactics were able to get justice in an american courtroom. Why? They were able to prove they were FALSELY recruited, selected and marketed for illegal lending practices.

They were used and then preyed upon and then held accountable to the frivolous lending agreements they had signed. Thus, they had a legal basis to pursue in court.

Now, even though the WTBS does not force one to join, people are recruited much in the same predatory way that lending, financial and get-rich quick business schemes market to the uneducated, desperate and unsupsecting consumers. The WTBS enroll new members in their religion using cleverly crafted, manipulative language, printed material and tactics.

Once you agree (baptism), you are now a member and legally bound to the rules, including expulsion and shunning (hardly mentioned until it's too late).

So, tell me why some deviously clever, shrewd and adroit attorney could not somehow find a way to punish the WTBS in court for their predatory recuiting tactics? Think about it.

• minimus
    minimus

YOU ARE INSTRUCTED TO HATE A P E R S O N !!!!!!!!!!

• undercover
    undercover
    YOU ARE INSTRUCTED TO HATE A P E R S O N !!!!!!!!!!

Ya know...you could just say "BTT" like everyone else

• minimus
    minimus

That's not what I was tryin' to say, son.

• undercover
    undercover

I figured it was just another postwhoring attempt and I was trying to show you how you can do it with less work....

• minimus
    minimus

As usual (today) you figured wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit