Does Disfellowshipping "Incite Hatred", Which Is Against The Law?

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I dont hate jws. Actually I don;t think about them at all. Kinda negates the thread I spose'...

• minimus
    minimus

This is a very interesting thread. Thank you for the Watchtower sources as well as the proposals EMan has defined! I KNOW of a couple who are employing the defense that if they are df'd and the announcement is made--that the WT. and elders involved would be charged with "inciting hatred".

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Disfellowshipping does not incite hatred. The person is just no longer part of the group, that's all.

I don't recall ever hating a disfellowshipped person. I only used to ignore their presence when I'd bump into them along the way.

No big deal, really.

DY

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Scully,

After posting here and reading the majority of posts here, I'd answer your question with a big and definite "YES! Ex-JWs for sure incite hatred towards JWs."

DY

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

If the expulsion and shunning procedures do not incite hatred, they certainly bring one very close to that point.

The expulsion and shunning policies create a definitely hostile environment and undue stress, friction and tension amongst the affected and the main group. It requires abnormal behavior to maintain the effects of the policy and and unusual amount of effort to modify one's daily lifestyle to follow the basic rules.

It is unatural, extremely hypocritical and counter-productive. I know I found those who greeted me and reached out to me afetr I was reinstated were all considered hypocrites and false friends. I just could not bring myself to associate with the main group after that period.

As a matter of fact, given the difficulties of JW life, I started missing the "freedom" that an expelled person would enjoy. Being barred from commenting, field service, assignments and volunterring was a blessing in disguise. I worked longer hours, earned another degree and spent lots of time with my family.

I was never the same and it taught me the truth about the supposed "christian love" and fellowship of the JW's. I can't say I remember ever accepting any invitations after that or inviting JW's over to the house or attending any functions other than the book study and the public talk.

For years, I simply refused to comment, never attended the TMS on Thursday's and left after the Public Talk. It was sort of the beginning of my exodus.

• minimus
    minimus

Do not miss the point. The WATCHTOWER instructs us to HATE the person! It is OFFICIAL Watchtower dogma. Whether YOU followed that admonition or not is NOT the point. It is the official stance on d'fing.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

You're wrong Minimus. You're wrong. Perhaps you've been away too long to remember.

DY

• minimus
    minimus

DY, I'm not wrong. It's irrefutable and in print a number of times. You're in denial. You're in denial, dear.

• undercover
    undercover
    Do not miss the point. The WATCHTOWER instructs us to HATE the person! It is OFFICIAL Watchtower dogma. Whether YOU followed that admonition or not is NOT the point. It is the official stance on d'fing.

References, please.

• minimus
    minimus

Undercover, you're slipping. Read the entire thread's WT. references.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit