Exit from the JWs

by KAYTEE 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• mjarka911
    mjarka911

I'm sorry Kaytee for the way you were treated. There was a thread yesterday about a recent WT article about the American sect called Mennonites. Some of them "responded to the truth" and were shunned by their community. The article talked about how cruel this was! Can you believe it?! I also had many doubts that my elder friends could not answer. When I realized I simply didn't believe this stuff anymore - my Mother, Father and Sisters immediately shunned me along with my friends of over 20 years. I haven't heard from any of them in almost 2 years. I've come to realize that you can't dismiss the claims of Cult. Remember when you were in the org and defended it by saying that a cult worships a man, but JW's follow God? Now I can clearly see that that is not true. When a WT article comes out that makes you completely change your position on a matter or when men can convince you to abandon your own son because he doesn't believe exactly like you do - then you are in a high mind control cult. It doesn't matter if the leaders have good intentions or truly believe what they are teaching, the methods prove cult status. I hope upon hope every day that my wife, family and friends open their eyes to the facts someday. Maybe the closer we get to 2014 there will be another mass exodus!

• anewme
    anewme

It hurts like the dickens at first.......but you will get over it and understand what happened better in hindsight. Its always good to think you did not waste anymore time in it than you did.

• out of the box
    out of the box

Kaytee,

It took courage! CONGRATULATIONS for FINDING your brains!!! That is surely a sign of intelligence and a true awakening!

out of the box

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

This is sad. But so true. JW love is based on conditions and that extends and includes love for your family. I have been shunned by my kids, mother, siblings and any person that I thought was a friend - being a lifer and over 50, it really leaves you at a loss when you are tossed out in the world and you have no coping skills. No friends, no family and a lot of apprehension about existing in the 'world'. It also makes you wonder why JW's should even get married and have children - their love is based only on the condition that you all remain in the 'truth'. Once that's broken so is the bond. That isn't love. Facing that is difficult.

• garybuss
    garybuss

If all your friends are Jehovah's Witnesses . . . you don't have any friends.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Hi Kaytee, congratulations, you have done yourself the best favour you could ever do getting out of the borg. Like you, at one time most of my friends were jws, now I have no jw friends. Their "friendship" is totally superficial, and dependent on you remaining one of them. Once you leave, you become persona non grata as far as they are concerned. On the other hand, the friendships I have made outside the borg are not conditional on me being a certain type of person, and I am sure it will be the same for you. All the best, enjoy your freedom.

• Forscher
    Forscher

Garybuss said :"If all your friends are Jehovah's Witnesses . . . you don't have any friends. "

Sad,... but true.

I recently went to a function at my local college. A bunch of the folks from my last congregation were there. They didn't look at me disapprovingly, but they did go out of their way to avoid me (that was alright with me). It sure didn't make a case for going back!

Forscher

• Sassy
    Sassy

Hi Kaytee.. I am sure that wasn't easy. I haven't done the final official letter, only because I don't really want to make it nice and neat and clean for them to be officially rid of me..

but I do know what it is like to have friends who were in your life for 20 yrs that simply write you out of their life when you leave the WTS..

(((hug))))

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

'Friends' inside the WBTS are only under the condition that you stay faithful to such organization. Fail them, and all your 'friends' will fail you.

Result of the heavy indoctrination that goes on in there.

DY

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Many thanks for all of your upbuilding replies. You all certainly display the qualities that they never showed. Two of our friends from the same congregation, came out around the same time (after reading Crisis of Conscience) and they are now happy in the Salvation Army, but although we have never been to the SA meetings, they do not shun us for that! and neither do we shun them. We are still good friends after 25 years.

KT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit