Who can and can't a JW sit next to at the hall?

by JH 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Es
    Es

we had to be actually engaged before we were allowed to sit next to our b\f or g\f. It was pathetic coz yeah we might have sex in the kingdom hall :p es

• carla
    carla

I would ask if you guys are kidding but I know that your not! How long does it take for one to figure out these seating arrangements? or unwritten rules? carla

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Our unwritten rule was:

If a unmarried brother sits next to a unmarried sister two times in a row (like this sunday, and next one), it means that they are engaged. If for some other reason this should happen, then everybody was sure you were engaged and it could take a long time and a lot of talking to assure everybody you were not.

There were no rules of married persons sitting with someone of the opposite sex, if it were a couple (man and with, next to them a sister could sit next to the brother, no problem).

danny

• ballistic
    ballistic

It's crazy isn't it. It's even worse than male urinal toilet etiquette:

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

I wonder where I was supposed to sit when I was freshly divorced and schtupping another woman...did I need to leave a seat between us or did I just need to take her back to the car and nail her out in the parking lot?

The sad part is I remember putting up with this crap. You sisters usually had so much more scrutiny on you. Us young brothers could be mic attendants and dick around through the whole meeting...or sound board operators sitting back behind EVERYONE and then you could REALLY get away with anything.

Ern

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i cant believe you let anyone dictate whare you sat

sheesh

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

Can two disfellowshipped persons of interest to each other sit together? What can the elders do?

• damselfly
    damselfly
    You elder's daughters were always some of the hottest and most wanted women in the Hall

Not an elder's daughter, just gave up on caring to try and conform to their rules.

The rest is true.

Dams

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

My old flatmate would refuse to sit on the end seat. She said she felt like it was not a sisters seat... WTF?!?!?! I didn't give a hoot either way but sometimes I would force her to sit there because of the stupidity behind her reasoning.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually a single sister and a single brother can sit next to each other if they are related, for example, 'fleshly' brother and sister, mother and son, father and daughter.

A DF'd JW can sit with their non-DF'd spouse but that was in question in the early 1950's (there was a QFR).

A single sister can sit next to a single brother if there is one chair between them.

A brother and sister can be out alone in service together, one must drive and the other sit in the back seat though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit