netflix

by zev 20 Replies latest jw friends

• zev
    zev

how many of you use netflix?

likes?

dislikes?

i have a list of 75 movies in queue at the moment.

i havent been to a blockbuster in over 2 years because of the way i was treated. hell, i wouldn't walk in if i lived next door, thats how strongly i feel about how i was treated.

i hope netflix treats me better than blockbuster did.

i have a cool movie veiwing setup complete with surround.

i wanna use it dagnabit!

i should have my first 3 vid's by tuesday.

can't wait for battlestar galactica to come out 9-20-05!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I've been using it for a couple of months now, I just do the $9.99 plan one-at-a-time plan. I like the service pretty well. I watched Waking Life last night, I loved it.

My all-time favorite TV show was Mystery Science Theater 3000, and they have a whole bunch of episodes, you don't find anything like that at the brick-and-mortar movie rental places.

• daystar
    daystar

I've been using netflix for about a year now. I love it!

Some films I've seen since joining netflix that I probably wouldn't have otherwise:

Citizen Cane

Mean Girls

The Wicker Man

Freaky Friday

A Tale of Two Sisters (The most frightening film I've seen in a very, very long time. Think The Ring, or The Grudge on a very bad acid trip.)

The Dune and Children of Dune miniseries

The entire Farscape series

The Firefly series

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I don't like the idea of Netflix only because if I want to rent a movie I want to rent it then and there, I don't like the waiting period of the mail. There are lots of different movie rental places here to chose from instead.

• damselfly
    damselfly

I hate blockbuster as well. I will never rent from them again.

We only rent from 2 local stores. one is owned by the sole employee and is good for new releases and games. The other is a bit bigger and great for independant and quirky films.

Netflix sounds interesting thou.

Dams

• zev
    zev

yeah bb really frosted my onions.

i have been purposely not watching (renting) movies because there is no other video outlets to rent from.

i can buy, but some i just want to rent.

all the mom and pop indepentents are gone. its blockbuster or regular cable tv. (which is a-ok on fridays starting at 8pm! (sci-fi) )

• zev
    zev

here's my list of the first 12: (i have 77 in queue!)

The Butterfly Effect: Director's Cut

4.3 Stars
    R Thrillers

4.3 Stars
    PG Comedy

3.7 Stars
    R Romance

R Documentary

4.3 Stars
    PG Drama

3.8 Stars
    PG-13 Romance

4.3 Stars
    PG-13 Drama

3.9 Stars
    R Drama

3.3 Stars
    PG Music & Musicals

• zev
    zev

dagnabit this site is just NOT mozilla freindly at all!

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.8) Gecko/20050511

Firefox/1.0.4

fits and runs off a usb memory stick........no installing to your hard drive!

• alreadygone
    alreadygone

I love Netflix. Especially in the winter. That is alot of what the kids and I do for entertainment when the snow starts to fly here in New England. Get in the habit of sending back the movies you watch immediately that way you always have a new movie to watch.

• zev
    zev

yeah......i love n.e. winters.

i have to start thinking about getting my old snowblower ready for the winter already!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit