COs, SL, Mulan, AlanF, Max,Tina,UB,Zev,&New...

by Seeker4 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

This is from Seeker4, whom some of you may remember from H2O. Have been quiet for several months, and not even reading the boards. Too busy. But checked today, as Bill Bowen had been in touch and I heard the lawsuit had started.

Bill - sorry I haven't returned your call. Was in the Southwest when it came, and since I got back I've been out straight. I'll call later today. This has been on New Hampshire Public Radio already up here.

Loved that post on COs and DOs - brought back tons of memories. Best for me: I really liked and worked with a lot of good brothers over the years, but Terry Barnes (now pion. in Burlington, VT) and Frank Hans (now going blind and living with family in Texas) were among the best. Perhaps the best of all was Ray Hayes, now an elder in California, and a guy with a totally realistic view of the WTS.

But so many of the other names were familiar: Conti, JR Brown, Wes Benner, Dennis Raftopoulis, John Crispin, Angelo Catanzaro, Clayton Peace, Sam Hurd, Walden Chin, Henry Caspar, and tons more. There is a new CO - Joel Friedmann. How is he doing? I like Joel, but always a bit suspicious of these young anointed ones. And a lot of "little gods" out there - including some on that list - Angelo and Walden, for sure. And I remember Walden when he was a Bethelite hustling pay jobs on the side and pinching pretty sisters when he visited the congregations. Enjoyed his liquor as well. But then, that's no sin, eh?? Lots of strange bros., and the 'special diets' - what gives? Any of you out there ever have Claude Burkett serve as a CO-sub?? Great guy in some ways, but man, what a nazi he could be!

Paul Illingworth - was a friend at one time, and we worked together at several DCs. But the comment about being full of himself - dead on. Loved those talks on the 'greek words.' Appealed to the pseudo-intellectuals among us, for sure!

Two of the worst, and there were lots of really poor traveling brothers, were Clayton Peace and Wade Paine. Wade is just a sad example of all that is wrong with this arrangement - from insulting the friends from the platform to weird little seating practices at the meetings for field service. There was another terrible brother who served in Vermont in the early 70's, just a complete jerk at times, but I can't remember his name. But with all these men I also remember other things - like Clayton really took a liking to me when I was a kid (and he hated kids), that Wade was really sympathetic when we were dealing with a serious issue, and the brother that was a total jerk in the 70's really helped my wife when she had to stop pioneering because she was pregnant with our second baby. But I think we all remember that there was both good and bad stuff.

This is also a quick shout out to some of the new folks on the board who may be from the New England area, like Zev. Drop me a line at the email address.

SilentLambs - good job. Max - love your posts. How's your sons career going? Tina, UB, Alan - miss you. I was actually in Colorado in July - but not for long.

Mulan - remember those emails we exchanged about reconnecting with an old friend? Well, I did. This has been an amazing year.

Please feel free to drop a line, anyone who remembers me.
    S4

• AlanF
    AlanF

Howdy Seeker4! I'll drop you a line sometime soon.

AlanF

• Mulan
    Mulan

Seeker........that is so great!!! My email has changed, but it's here on my profile, my real email. Let me know what happened!!!!
    I am the soul of discretion.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• dedalus
    dedalus

Seeker4!

Great to hear from you!

You didn't mention in your post: what's going on with your books? Last I heard, had one on the table ready for publication, and one in the works. Are you still going to those writing workshops?

Dedalus

• Tina
    Tina

((((((((S4)))))))))
    You've been missed! Good to hear from you! I will most certainly drop a line! luv,Tina and yes,it's been an amazing year.The next one promises to be even more so!

• Celia
    Celia

Who could have forgotten you Seeker4 ?
    I just came back from a 5 weeks stay in France.
    The JWs had their summer conventions over there, in only 3 places, compared to 20 last year... the numbers are going down, but they try to hide it. These conventions were covered in the news on national TV in France, I couldn't believe it ! They were saying that there were 250.000 JWs in France. In a newspaper article, it said that this number includes JWs and interested ones. It's more something like 100,000 members, and going down.
    Some JWs interviewed were complaining about the fact that France doesn't recognize them as a "religion" and call them a "sect".
    Ex-JWs were interviewed too, so that was good.
    See you around.
    Stopped at the Café for a baguette this morning.
    Celia

• Seeker
    Seeker

Nice to see you again, S4. Wondered how you were doing.

And for those who tend not to focus on such things, please note that Seeker4 and Seeker are two different individuals altogether (right Mulan?). :)

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Dedalus!!! My god! Didn't expect to hear from you here! This is great.

Sorry I have been such a sorry-assed replier as far as email is concerned. And I honestly haven't looked at a JW discussion board in months and months. I think you wrote me the last time

Books: Children's book is now in the hands of the artist. My work is complete on it.

First novel - Manuscript was completed in early April, and sent out copies to two editors. One is back in my hands, the other I pick up Saturday. Then I go through and do the final edit before it goes out and seeks a publisher. This process seems to have taken forever. Ahghg!!!! It drives me crazy. But I was grateful to have the help of the editors as they are both professionals, and they are doing it out of friendship and love for me, at no charge. It pays to be moderately good looking and immensely charming.

Second novel - the one about a man who leaves the Witnesses - is now the novel I'm working on with the writer's group. I read a chapter yesterday, as a matter of fact. We have a new member of the group, an attractive woman who teaches writing at Dartmouth and writes like a goddess, and I wanted her reaction to the much-rewritten first chapter. I've got a bunch more done.

Newspaper and magazine writing continues apace. And I have actually started writing a lot of songs. Completed eight or nine good ones in recent weeks.

Other than that, I've been wreaking havoc and chaos left and right, experimenting with this wonderful thing called life and enjoying myself no-end. Read my reply to Englishman. A lot of remarkable new friends and a few new lovers, more or less.

So. There it is. And yourself?? Married? Do I get invited to the wedding? Still in Boston? Teaching? We MUST meet. I have a young Witness writer friend who has just moved to Boston with his wife to go to college. It might be interesting for you to meet him. I'll try to get a phone number and other details.

Fill me in.
    S4

• Maximus
    Maximus

Seeker4, you unabashed scoundrel!

Delivered on everything I promised, eh? Patience sucks, but it pays off. No amount of maneuvering will change the outcome of the chess game now. You can take that to the bank.

A few more bombshells coming, do stick around. I'm never too busy to hear from and respond to good friends, old or new. Drop a note; address is in open envelope.

I'm still struck by how the creative instinct can flourish so wonderfully in exJWs, once they come to an accommodation with reality--and discover talents they never dreamed existed. Can't tell you how many success stories I've heard from women in particular who go back to school or otherwise hone their already keen abilities. I relish that.

Have you tried painting or sculpture yet?

Warmest,
    Max

• waiting
    waiting

Well, howdy Seeker4 (who is decidedly different than Seeker)

Bill - sorry I haven't returned your call. Was in the Southwest when it came, and since I got back I've been out straight. - Seeker4

We have quite a group here - Yardif (Friday?) and Joelbear going at the homosexual argument on a thread right now. All are welcome.

waiting (who loves to catch funny word plays)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit