To All Of The Kids Who Survived the .....

by BrendaCloutier 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Es
    Es

Thanks Brenda i really enjoyed that. I know when i was prego with my son we were told not to eat hame, not to eat soft serve icecream, not to eat this or that. It was ridiculous. es

• Shania
    Shania

Everything you said is so true, and we are better adults for that kind of upbringing. One thing that was apart of our daily lives, was WASHING DISHES BY HAND!!!!!!!!without gloves and lets not forget dishes from a big big family of kids.............we use to have to do them in team fashion, one washes and one drys, good laughs, good fights were had during that hour of work at 6pm.............there was most always a snapp with a wet towel to the one washing when you couldn't defend yourself..........it just makes me laugh thinking about it now..........

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Thanks for posting this. We had cars that lacked seatbelts, my mom's doc told her to drink a glass of wine every night when pregnant with me. Nice post.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I laugh at the germ paranoia today. There is an old saying that "it takes a peck of dirt to kill someone". Just wash your hands, with or without soap!

• prophecor
    prophecor

After reading this Bren, it is a wonder that I don't find strength in my years as they are. After being reminded, I realize we're not the wussies many would have us to believe we are. That's quite a testamonial. Thanks for reminding us.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

(((( Proph )))) I think our lack of "strength" in our middle and later years manifests itself as a certain level of wisdom we didn't have when we were in our 20's, and some of us, in our 30's.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

btw brenda, hope you dont mind but i copied and pasted and emailed that to some friends, and my dad, i like nostalgic stuph. edit add: my JW parents always let me play baseball or hockey with neighborhood kids several blocks away. I bet today nine year old JWs play video games and their parents have to give them/prepare them rote answers to 2 or 3 questions at each meeting, and that probably takes a night. Totally off topic but I just remembered something else. When i was a little kid a scripture in James was asked to be read so I raised my hand and instead of using the Bible I read it out of Commentary on James. I thought I was so clever. My mom thought I was cute..... and weird.

• Valis
    Valis

WE WERE ALWAYS OUTSIDE PLAYING!We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on.

No one was able to reach us all day. And we were O.K.
    hell yeah and you could even pretend you didn't hear them call you iffin you were havin an extra fun time..

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Valis had parents..... dear God, bless their souls.

• Valis
    Valis

Cyg, yes god help their souls..never apologized for me being sexually abused and one of them only recognizing it at all last Thanksgiving...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit