A letter to a friend - Final one that I sent -

by AK - Jeff 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Great letter!!!! Its given me a few ideas for contacting my family...

• out of the box
    out of the box

AK-Jeff,

I read that letter and I felt that it is really well expressed. The ONLY question I have... IS... Is the Bible you are using a JW published Bible?

Loved the letter!

out of the box

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Superb! Shows a lot of time, research and .

Keep us posted if you hear back, but as we all know, it may not happen.

AuntieJane

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Takes a lot of guts to mail something like that. I never wrote a letter but thanks to gossip and innuendo I ended up shunned. I hope your friend comes to a wise decision (and be of good cheer, many have written such letters and have found good success).

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Alas, it is to the blind you write. Like most they may run from the light. I wish you well on your move away from the Watchtower of Babel.

W.Once

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

OOTB -

The ONLY question I have... ; IS... ; Is the Bible you are using a JW published Bible?

Unsure of your question, as I did not quote any scriptures did I? I have many translations, I still have a NWT but rarely use it now.

Jeff

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Really. Good. Letter.

That is probably one of the better ones I have ever read, and I think I have probably read almost every letter out there on the big ole' Internet.

This is entirely the tactic I would like to take when our family's "fade" runs into the occasional head-on attempt from long-distance family members.

Thanks for that great example. I hope it achieves the desired affect.

-ithinkisee

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

ITIS -

I really doubt this will have much impact on the guy - we were great friends though, and I don't want him to think that I am some wack-job [I think I borrowed that term from some of your posts...LOL].

Best end scenario is that he and others that he lets read it might get a doubt or two and start to think some. I did not sign the letter, but he knows from where it came. I am not anxious to have my name read at the Service meeting yet, although it means nothing to me now. I just want to leave the door open a crack or two. YOu never know. DF'd would just close it all the way.

Jeff

Thanx all for all the supportive comments - wifey and I are out nearly two years now, but still hope to get a little 'witnessing ' done.

BTW - where do I turn in my apostate witnessing report? LOL

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes, yes, yes. Though you will have to wait and see if it was effective, I am convinced that this is the kind of letter to send to JW friends and relatives. I think the time you spent thinking and editing did good. You do not ramble. You speak from the heart. You kept it short, about one page. Modern readers don't have the attention span for anything longer. You speak on point about conscience (a JW trigger word), truth (a JW trigger word) and integrity (a JW unknown). If your friend's curiosity is aroused regarding details, you have it all there for backup.

Good show!

• willyloman
    willyloman

Terrific letter. It illustrates so well the fact that those of us who leave for conscientious reasons occupy the moral high ground, a point we should never lose sight of when dealing with dubs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit