Back to School

by John Doe 13 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

I was really nervous about flunking when I started back at 23 also. The more classes you take, the more your confidence will grow. The key is to just put the time into the coursework. Also, bug your professors in their office everyday. I didn't figure this one out until my second year. Most of them are glad to help (they'll rattle on about their specialty forever ha ha) during their office hours, and you'll probably make friends with some of them as well. In the end though, don't worry about failing or succeeding, and don't look too far down the road. Just concentrate on taking the classes that are fun, and before you know it, you'll have a degree. :-) That's what I've tried to do anyway, and I'm 9 classes away from a double major. Later, John

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

hey John,

i'm going to attempt a double major as well. Biology and CS. we'll see how it goes. CS should be relatively easy since i've already been at it for several years in industry. i hope all goes well with you old boy.

sonnyboy,

are you into biology and CS too? like as in bioinformatics?

TS

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

Tetra,

I'm not into bioinformatics, but it sounds fascinating.

Right now I'm doing multimedia/computer forensics and hope to get into marine biology within the next couple semesters. In other words, I'm all over the place. I guess that gives me more options once I graduate. My current major(s) sounded good when I registered, but now I'm not so sure. I'd probably have to relocate to find a job in those fields.

• chrissy
    chrissy

Holy smokes John,

Any three of those would be a full load in itself...but wow, yes, with all of that you will be one busy boy, no doubt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit