I'm Going Nuts

by Undecided 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

I can't drive, mow the yard, wash the car, change oil, work on the house, lift anything, all a part of recovery from the operation. It's driving me crazy. TVs lost it's interest, computing isn't keeping my interest, can't have sex, drink alcohol. I can only imagine what it will be like when I get too old to do these things. I've got to get myself together and try to enjoy this vacation from work and normal life.

Ken P.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Awe, poor baby. Here's a for where it hurts!

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    Here's a for where it hurts!

find out where it hurts first!!!

Hope it gets better bro.

• Sassy
    Sassy

(hug)

sorry.. I'd go stir crazy too...

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Imagine you're completely well and back to doing the things you normally have to do and like to do... now think of the one thing you could have done and wish you had done while unburdened by your usual responsibilities...then do it Ahhh, life is so simple for simple minds like mine

Sorry you're going nuts. Beware of squirrels (like me)

Wishing you the best in your recovery!

~Merry

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

can't drink? oh jesus im gonna pray for a speedy recovery to the point where you can drink alcohol again

bethel

• bebu
    bebu

((undecided))

Plant yourself on a beach somehow. Then it will seem easier to not do much... that's how it works for me!!

Can you learn something new while you're immobile? Read a novel? Learn to knit? How about play an instrument?

I hope you will recuperate soon!!

bebu

• Scully
    Scully

I have some Tom Clancy novels that I need to drop off at the 2nd hand book store. They're yours if you want them.

Get a couple of good books, a pitcher of lemonade or iced tea, and put your feet up. How long has it been since you read a novel?

Have you ever tried whittling? All you need is a pocket knife (or a fine file if you're supposed to be careful around sharp objects) and a piece of scrap wood. If you like stone carving, get someone to bring you some soapstone and do that. Do you like to fish? Some guys love tying their own flies... they can be quite elaborate and beautiful.

Cook something nice for yourself. Like a pot of spaghetti or lasagne, and save the left-overs in individual containers in the freezer for nights when you don't feel like cooking.

If that doesn't turn your crank, I'm going to suggest something very unmanly. Like knitting and cross-stitch.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I'm really sorry to hear this. Was this something they told you to expect?

Hope you get better soon.

Lisa

• Carmel
    Carmel

Wll I'm gald you Ken P.

carmel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit